Resp & Qualifications
This position is responsible for implementing and executing a comprehensive sales marketing plan through prospecting, evaluating, planning and negotiating with clients and brokers using consultative selling skills to aggressively and profitably grow the business and market share for CareFirst Administrators and NCAS. This will include unique PPO, consumer-directed, and managed care medical products, ancillary products, and numerous specialty products offered by a variety of vendors for pharmacy benefit management (PBM), medical management, wellness, consumer-directed accounts (HRA, HSA, FSA) COBRA administration, enrollment, and billing. The New Business Sales Consultant role is responsible for engaging in all stages of sales activities including pipeline development, producer education, finalist presentations, and site visits/tours with the intent of growing membership, revenue, and growth.
Under the direction of the Director, New Business Development for CareFirst Administrators the accountabilities of the New Business Sales Consultant III include, but are not limited to, the following:
New Business Growth:
• Drive the sales strategy to increase business growth by aggressively identifying and obtaining new business through the development of relationships with brokers and consultants.
• Establish and maintain deep relationships with the broker/consultant community and clients by leveraging consultative selling skills and the analysis of broker and account service requirements to achieve sales goals.
• Contribute to the development of sales strategies that include a comprehensive business case and the financial value proposition necessary to close business and increase company profitability, enrollment and market share objectives.
• Implement sales strategies specifically designed for each net new account to increase market penetration and ensure sale of new products.
• Partner with other new business teams to prospect and identify potential new business opportunities.
End-to-End Sales Process:
• Coordinate with internal staff to ensure timely and accurate completion of all new business RFP responses.
• Recommend suggestions and ideas to improve overall strategy and partnering with all entities that may engage with employer groups including pharmacy, stop loss, dental, ancillary benefits, network, billing, claims and any vendors.
• Coordinate and collaborate with all account-related parties, e.g., account management team, employer groups, other functional teams as appropriate in the delivery of formal presentations to employer/employee groups.
• Work with new business teams and sales support functions,
• Participate in finalist presentations and key external sales meetings.
External Market Engagement & Influence:
• Develop productive external relationships with brokers/consultants, other BCBS plans, accounts, customers, vendors, government officials, and industry association staff.
• Attend various meetings, events, functions, and host on-site demos for clients, etc.
• Implement marketing campaigns for new products and services and provide insight and observations of market trends to appropriate recommendations to the strategic marketing plan.
• Cultivate a network of information and public sources to understand and analyze market data and trends as well as gather information and insight on any competitors to inform new business strategy, planning and execution.
• Participate in business and community activities to promote CareFirst/CFA and leverage such events to identify potential new business opportunities.
• Leverage superior communication skills and an understanding of the multiple levels of engagement at assigned brokerages and consulting houses to influence outcomes and yield results.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/7/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The employee stands, walks or is seated while performing the duties of the position. The employee may be required to carry sales cases with materials up to 25 pounds. The employee will also be required to drive a motor vehicle. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls or objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship