Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Manages the design, funding, administration, communications and compliance of company-wide benefit programs. Provides expertise and support to the organization in areas of employee benefits, wellness and retirement planning.
Under the general direction of the Sr. Director,Total Rewards, the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Designs company wide associate benefit plans to ensure CareFirst provides a competitive benefit package to attract and retain high quality associates and provide retiree benefits while meeting the business needs of the organization. Provides expert support to the organization, senior management and the Retirement Committee for the Corporate Pension and 401k Plans
2. Ensures the appropriate level of funding for benefits plans through internal analysis and interaction with consultants, insurance agents, trustees, brokers, and administrators. Manages relationships both internal and external to the organization, including all external vendor relationships, to ensure that the function sufficiently supports the corporation
3. Responsible for the compliance of benefit plans with all applicable legislation; ensures company-wide benefits policies and practices are in compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, corporate and departmental regulations and policies.
4. Manages the administration of benefit plans to ensure benefits are delivered to employees in a timely, courteous and accurate manner and in accordance with plan documents. Responsible for managing the appropriate systems required to administer benefits offered to active employees and retirees.
5. Responsible for the communication of benefits plans to employees and the Human Resources community to ensure the appropriate level of employee understanding. Manages the training and development of individuals who provide benefit services within the organization.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position supervises 4 - 7 HR Professionals, 3 HR Technicians and an Intern.
Required: Position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in benefits. At least 2 years of management experience and a demonstrated high degree of financial knowledge to maximize interpretation, analysis and presentation of data. A thorough knowledge of benefits compliance and applicable laws including ERISA, ACA regulations, HIPAA and COBRA is required
Abilities/ Skills: Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills, the ability to exercise technical and functional supervision over benefits professionals, the ability to manage individuals not directly reporting to the position but necessary to the successful delivery of benefits and indirect compensation; Excellent oral, written, presentation, and facilitation skills, as well as strong analytical and negotiation skills are also required. Additionally, this position requires proven project management and successful execution skills; intermediate computer skills including: Excel, PowerPoint, and the Microsoft Office suite, a high level of experience with HRIS systems and an understanding of payroll.
Preferred: Solid understanding of health and wellness programs and their impact on overall associate wellness and productivity. Experience with PeopleSoft Base Benefits and Benefits Admin.
Department: Corporate Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/10/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship