Resp & Qualifications
Independently execute systems analysis, design, problem solving, project management, documentation, and technical support with expertise on Mainframe and Middleware systems.
Under the general direction of the Infrastructure Systems Architect or Manager, configure and support multiple Test and Production environments ranging from 40 or more complex environments. Support Internal and external users with exceptional customer service skills. Provide technical support to 37 BlueCross BlueShield Plans. Maintains Systems environment configuration documents and conducts end user training. Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system configurations, technical domains, and technical issues. Develop and/or modify technical system design changes for Mainframe and Middleware systems. Manage Mainframe and Middleware infrastructure activities including technical documentation, system performance support, and internal customer support.
Provides input and strategic direction into the development of Systems Architecture for mission critical corporate development projects.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the Infrastructure Systems Architect or Manager, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Provide seamless end-user experience for FEPOC Test and Production environments. Supported technologies include: WebSphere MQ, WebSphere, AIX, Z/OS, MVS utilities, CICS, DB2, Korn Shell, Java, J2EE, Data Power, Pega Business Rules Engine, and Web Services
1. Requirements Gathering:
Independently conduct requirements gathering and translating end-user requests into technical infrastructure design documents. Ability to interface with and provide robust solutions to various technical support and Application teams.
2. Environment Provisioning and Support:
Independently build, configure, performance tuning, and maintain up to 40 Test and Production systems for Mainframe and Middleware platforms. Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to maintaining Mainframe and Middleware systems. Provide technical support to 37 BlueCross BlueShield Plans.
3. Tools Administration: Maintain and administer tools that support various Test and Production environments.
4. Production Support: Provides operations support for User Acceptance Test and Production environments. Maintains Service Levels with acceptable system availability and response times. Participates in problem resolution and coordination with Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 support.
5. Procedural: Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to maintaining and using Mainframe and Middleware systems.
6. Development and Process Improvements: Self driven with interest to learn diverse technologies including Open Source and Scripting technologies. Displays and utilizes business knowledge. Expands knowledge of corporate systems and procedures. Educates self in current business systems and processes. Continuously seeks opportunities to implement creative solutions, apply innovation and improve processes.
7. Project Management: Provides project management at the team and technical project level, including properly following a project life cycle, developing and maintaining project plans where appropriate, and completing all appropriate documentation and notifications in order to obtain resolution within established timeframes.
8. Leadership: Provides technical training and mentors less senior team members. Works with Infrastructure Systems Architect to interface with Enterprise Architecture, Technical Management and Application Architecture to develop strategic roadmaps and solutions for meeting current and future business needs.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5-10 years of prior experience in the specific technical discipline, OR equivalent experience.
Technical/Skills: Ability to integrate and coordinate technical requirements with cross functional teams. Position requires proficiently in one platform (Mainframe or Middleware) with general knowledge and some experience of second platform (Mainframe or Middleware) and familiarity with other Platforms.
Additional technologies include: WebSphere, WebSphere MQ, Unix, Database Management Systems, Operating systems, as well as familiarity with communications, programming, storage and providing systems support for the software listed above.
Strong and current hands on experience with Mainframe and Middleware platforms for the following technologies within these platforms: WebSphere MQ, WebSphere WAS, AIX, J2EE, Java, Korn Shell, WebServices, J2EE, Data Power, Pega Business Engine, Scripting and Automation. Mainframe technologies such as ZOS, CICS, DB2. Hands on experience with Middleware and Mainframe support with some Systems integration experience.
General knowledge and/or experience managing and troubleshooting for technologies listed above.
General knowledge and/or experience managing and troubleshooting systems utilities for Mainframe and Middleware platforms for Z/OS, AIX, or IBM WebSphere.
Familiarity with IBM z/OS or AIX server or IBM WebSphere application server software.
Office Software: Solid understanding/experience with Microsoft Office products, and of the Software development lifecycle.
Required Skills: General knowledge of application development and operating systems for Mainframe and middleware platforms. Ability to perform system and problem analysis. Proven ability to apply process improvements to improve system performance.
Working towards one or more of the following certifications:
IBM WebSphere MQ Z/OS
Process certification such as ITIL, CMMI
Abilities/Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals for peers; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership, external customers, and associates.
Preferred: Strong expertise and knowledge of an Information Technology environment. Hands on experience with the SDLC and knowledge of two or more of the following utilities: WebSphere MQ, WebSphere, AIX, Z/OS, MVS utilities, CICS, DB2, Korn Shell, Java, J2EE, Data Power, Pega Business Rules Engine, and WebServices.
Department: Environment Management Services
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/4/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Travel between CareFirst sites is required.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship