Resp & Qualifications
The Customer Experience Strategy Manager is responsible for establishing the vision and strategy of innovative solutions and services that capture the voice of the customer and deliver a meaningful and differentiated customer experience. This position must be a relentless champion of insights-driven strategy, evidence-based decision making, and continuous innovation. He or she tells powerful stories through complex data, generating deep insight into the needs, motivations, passions, and challenges in the lives of our customers and by translating the information into strategies that elicit valuable customer behaviors. The Customer Experience Strategy Manager owns the product and solution creation efforts for complex business processes and projects from a “start-up” ownership perspective, including creating a common understanding of the definition, design, creation, deployment and measurement. Above all else, the manager will be an advocate for the customer and will take a goal-first and mission-first approach when considering new ideas, products and strategies.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Director for Customer Experience Strategy job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examines potential ideas and evaluates them against corporate goals, to include market viability, feasibility, usability and value, leading to the creation of minimum viable experiences.
- Develops solutions/prototypes for new products or services to meet these needs to the benefit of the Customer. Ensures effective ways to deliver complete solutions to identify market problems and ensures gaps are identified and filled.
- Ensures alignment with marketplace trends / innovations within the industry and across other industries
- Identifies known and unknown customer needs through data interrogation, primary and secondary research, and competitive intelligence. Must also be customer-empathetic to translate these needs into product specifications.
- Creates and deploys conceptual frameworks to structure consumer insights into action; as a result, demonstrates a high level of analytical rigor in formulation of recommendations.
- Examines potential ideas and evaluates them against corporate goals.
- Prepares business partners to accept that failure is a necessary part of innovation.
- Talks with others to gain new insight and see opportunities from a different perspective.
- Illustrates the vision for the product through product roadmap creation – to include identifying the problem the product will solve for, how the product relates to the company mission or goal, define the measurable objectives and create and internally market the business case for the new product.
- Plans product solutions that describe the ideal users that represent the target needs.
- Assesses trends, technologies, vendors and potential partnerships
Collaboration with Business Partners
- Works with business teams to understand current challenges and goals
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights team on collection of consumer trends, competitive insights, industry updates and sales reports.
- Builds consensus with teammates across the organization and gives clear direction during cross-functional collaboration. Motivates teammates to build trusting, cross-functional relationships.
- Leads meetings with cross-functional teams to ensure integration with them as their needs change which includes partnering with them to shape sales and business unit strategy
- Creates regular check points to share progress on new product development work including results of an in-market scan, industry wide-trends analysis, best practiced evaluation, and market feedback to inform a standardized strategy document that articulates the recommendation and supporting information.
- Leads brainstorming and ideation sessions to ensure there is a pipeline for new ideas that relate to the areas of opportunity
- Develops a high degree of trust with key internal clients and stakeholders
Advocate for Customer Needs and New Product Solutions
- Develops and presents the business case for new products or solutions at all levels of the organization
- Acts as the voice of customer throughout the development process to ensure consistent alignment with customer research and voice.
- Translates business division and goals into clear, specific and achievable objectives, making the vision tangible for individual teams.
- Considers future scenarios, opportunities and risks to create action plans that align with business goals and corporate strategic vision.Ensures recommendations highlight why product features/requirements are necessary.
- Provides thought leadership and vision to connect voice of the customer insights to brand and tactical performance.
- Advocates for and pursues new ideas.
- Develops an environment of best practice sharing and consistency across the company.
Accountability--Definition of Expected Outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or equivalent related work experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated product management, marketing strategy, and/or progressive marketing project management experience.
Abilities and Skills:
- Executive presence: can quickly establish credibility with and influence Leadership level teams
- Demonstrated experience and success in Customer Insights & product design in a digital realm
- Strong leadership with a demonstrated ability to build and develop through ideas to strategy to deliver results, and shape the future
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issues impacting an entire portfolio or business unit
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Strong knowledge of primary research approaches including quantitative and qualitative market research
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong Business Acumen: understands both the markets, brands and broader context (internal and external) of the business – can translate research insights and findings into realistic, actionable recommendations
- Superb problem-solving and decision-making skills with ability to effectively communicate with executive management
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and apply skills to exercise influence over others decisions without express authority and influence mass change management
- Experience in leading project management and delivering on time and within budget in a deadline-driven environment
- Possessing an entrepreneurial mindset who is comfortable with ambiguity and has a passion for innovation
- Proven ability to think critically as well as creatively while managing internal customers, complex projects and driving business requirements and customer expectations
- The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Strategic Analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/30/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship