Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Director, Enterprise Portfolio Management Office is responsible for overall leadership of the Federal Employee Program (FEP) Operations Center (FEPOC) Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), including key Enterprise PMO functions related to Enterprise Planning & Portfolio Management, Process Governance & Oversight and Release Management. As a senior member of the FEPOC leadership team, incumbent will provide strategic direction and leadership for establishing and maturing key EPMO functions critical to the success of the FEP program. Incumbent is accountable for multi-year enterprise planning activities, performance of the FEPOC portfolio which is comprised of highly complex, large scale, corporate programs containing multiple IT strategic and infrastructure projects, all of which have a significant legal and/or financial impact to the Federal Employee Program.
Leadership and Strategic Oversight
- Establish an effective Process Governance & Oversight function that specifies standard lifecycle methodologies and deliverables, aligns to industry frameworks, such as CMMI and ITIL and which improves operational effectiveness, compliance with standards and decision frameworks for process changes
- Ensure appropriate management of FEPOC Process Asset Library with independent auditing of internal processes and practices, and identification of process improvements
- Ensure governance and oversight functions established and enforce compliance across the FEPOC organization and its portfolio
- Ensure development and management of annual integrated plan that identifies, develops and reports conflicts, inter-dependencies and overlaps between projects and sequence execution across the enterprise project portfolio
- Strengthen annual enterprise planning processes in partnership with FEPOC Finance and the BCBSA Director’s Office to define strategic change imperatives that support achievement of agreed upon goals and objectives
- Establish portfolio management function that provides oversight to annual portfolio of $200+ million portfolio and highlights the aggregate portfolio progress, impacts, risks and issues.
- Centralize and strengthen monthly, quarterly, expedited and ad hoc release processes, ensuring all production implementations appropriately controlled,
- Lead the development and monitoring of FEPOC operational plans to support achievement of FEPOC strategy and goals
- Develop and maintain demand/capacity model that drives a financially sound integrated three-year Portfolio Pipeline plan
- Communicate vision and complex portfolio strategies and design to senior management, executives, business partners, and stakeholders to gain their support and/or approval of the recommended approach
- Collaborate closely with peers to drive benefit from cross functional/organizational synergies
- Have full understanding of all work included in the annual portfolio plan including value of planned initiatives
- Rapidly respond to changing business priorities and requirements and re-prioritize delivery plans, as required
- Stay abreast of emerging portfolio management trends to ensure industry best practices are leveraged across the FEPOC organization
Operational Management, Execution and Reporting
- Increase capacity and effectiveness of FEPOC to effectively manage and deliver growing change portfolio by improving, standardizing and simplifying delivery and operational processes to achieve efficiencies in execution and improving return on investment of the portfolio at large
- Improve Program Management and Project Management disciplines and practices throughout the organization
- Develop and implement operational management controls to drive continuous improvement of business processes
- Establish and maintain regular tracking and management reporting across initiatives and projects to provide transparency and visibility into organization’s progress in achieving goals
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for centralized release management capabilities to ensure successful execution and delivery of all production releases.
- Improve release management capabilities and functions to support frequent releases, improve technology to support expanding portfolio and improve release planning activities.
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identifies viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer
- Developing and maintaining “lessons-learned” inputs in the project repository for utilization on future projects
- Manage Portfolio Management Scheduling Analyst to support creation of an integrated portfolio and schedule view, to drive understanding and awareness of dependencies and risk
- Serve as a senior member of the FEPOC leadership team
- Execute performance management processes including establishment of objectives, periodic evaluations and development plans
- Provide effective mentoring and coaching to maximize performance, promote accountability and maintain a team environment
- Provide day-to-day leadership to direct reports
- Support VP, Customer Strategy & Solutions in supporting FEPOC-wide accountabilities
- Serve as Cross functional advisor and partner ensuring the success of exceeding our corporate and client objectives
- Manage key stakeholders
- Drive change across the organization
Issues Management and other duties as assigned
Direct Supervision: 3-5 Directors; 35-40 FTEs and contingent workers
- BA or BS (required)
- PMP or PgMP certification or relevant experience (required)
- Masters Degree in Business or related field (desired)
- 15+ Years
- SDLC/PMLC background in national or global technology organizations
- Prefer health industry experience and management consulting
- Advanced knowledge and 15+ years of experience in portfolio, project and program management, including managing large-scale projects or programs of significant complexity and value with high risk
- Industry-specific knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience in building portfolio management office structures and operations
- Progressive broad-based information systems Project/Portfolio Management experience with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures
- Experience in Portfolio Management and execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and the Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC), PMBOK, Portfolio Management
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven Change agent and influencer
- Impact partner and collaborator across functions and the enterprise
- Strategic thinker with track record of successful execution of intended outcomes
- Consultative approach and focus on customer-centricity
- Grassroots operations development and experience standing up new functions
- Ability to connect programs/projects to broader organizational goals and grasp the key performance drivers of stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, and industry information affecting the business environment
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs
- Considerable experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems
- Strong management, business planning, and development skills
Department: Customer Strategy and Solutions
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/8/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship