Resp & Qualifications
At the FEP Operations Center (FEPOC), our customers come first. This newly created position will shape how we engage with our customers, improve the customer experience, and drive customer centricity into the organization. Our goal is to deliver best in class customer experiences while being as operationally efficient and effective as possible.
The FEPOC is the leading data management and digital solution provider to the 35 Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans that participate in the Federal Employee Program (FEP). The business analyst will join a new team supporting the Director Customer Strategic Planning in implementing strategies and processes to engage our customers and deliver a best in class customer experience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in one or more of the following disciplines: project management, customer experience, process improvement, strategic planning, change management, knowledge management and/or customer analysis.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of Director Customer Strategic Planning, the principle duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate customer strategic planning sessions as requested.
- In partnership with other applicable functional areas, identify, assess and prioritize areas of customer dissatisfaction and propose strategies and action plans to address.
- Support maintenance of the customer engagement maturity model and corresponding roadmap initiatives.
- Project manage customer engagement roadmap initiatives, including managing scoping, planning, executing and stakeholder reporting tasks.
- Support the development of written work products including strategic plans, alternatives analyses, data collections tools, presentations, and talking points.
Improve Customer Experience
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide a day to day voice of the customer in the business dialogue.
- Stay current on customer sentiment, mindset, brand perception, industry and competitor landscape and emerging trends.
- Develop standards and guidelines to track and manage FEPOC touchpoints with customers to ensure professional interactions, accurate and consistent messaging, and appropriate knowledge capture and transfer.
- Lead journey-mapping sessions, and develop and maintain customer journey maps to understand the customer experience. Summarize key results and evolve learnings into actionable focus areas which result in impactful customer experience improvements.
- Lead efforts to improve business processes that adversely impact the customer experience.
Customer Analysis and Reporting
- Capture, synthesize, and summarize customer insights.
- Conduct customer analysis and customer segmentation to support FEPOC strategic planning and account management strategies.
- Assist product teams in formulating go-to-market strategies.
- Collect, report and analyze customer success measures to garner actionable insights that will drive strategies around increasing solution/feature usage and user satisfaction.
- Contribute toward development and analysis of customer surveys.
- Support knowledge management of customer information.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required and 7+ years of strategic planning, customer analysis, management consulting, and/or IT management experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing strategic customer initiatives within a large, matrixed and complex organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous IT and healthcare payer industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in customer insight analysis, customer centric organizational culture transformation and/or customer experience design and improvement in a B2B environment. Familiarity with journey mapping, user experience design and/or user centered design principles, co-creation or similar strategies to improve customer engagement.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically and learn quickly.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to creatively represent data visually for strong end effective communication of ideas and recommendations. Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to and influence diverse audiences on strategic initiatives and business opportunities.
- Possession of excellent research, data gathering, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and listening skills. Bias towards delivering impactful results.
- Ability to meet deadlines, adhere to project plans, ensure any conflicts are brought to the attention of the management team, and multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a dynamic, fluid environment and ambiguous situations. Challenges the status quo, champions and manages change.
- Ability to interact and network effectively with all levels of staff, including senior leadership, both internal and on the client site.
- The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
Department: Requirements & Documentation
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 02/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship