Resp & Qualifications
• Manages a complex program of strategic technology delivery initiatives that are aligned with specific Federal Employee Program (FEP) technology products.
• May be required to manage large-scale start-up for a new technology product or program creating and executing an organization and staffing plan; securing facilities; defining development methodologies; managing multiple customers and vendors; and ensuring the program’s success.
• Defines and executes the overall approach and strategy for delivering multi-release and multi-year technology delivery programs.
• Manages the integrated delivery of FEP technology products and services for CareFirst FEP Local Plan and other participating Plans. Requires a strategic and comprehensive understanding of FEP products and services, BCBSA and CareFirst strategic and near-term objectives.
• Responsible for the development and successful execution of an integrated technology delivery plan to achieve business results on time and within budget.
• This position is both inward and outward facing to the CareFirst and other Plans who participate in CareFirst FEP Programs and technology offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Program Management:
Proactively identifies risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identifies Risk Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Plans for all identified Risks. Maintains the Program Level issue and risk matrix log.
Technology Product Development
Directly accountable for the development of specific FEP technology products in support of all SOWs and projects, as well as, being responsible for the end to end delivery of assigned initiatives. Product development will include the documentation of future state requirements, , development and selling of a Product technology vision/roadmap for the future, and aligning stakeholders on the path ahead. Roadmap development will require bringing industry best practice and appropriate new technology to the organization acquired through attending industry events including conferences, etc.
Manage large-scale start-up for a new technology product or program creating and executing an organization and staffing plan; securing facilities; defining development methodologies; managing multiple customers and vendors; and ensuring the program’s success.
Works closely with customers and senior management to align, prioritize, and manage all and projects and releases associated with assigned technology product to ensure alignment to the Product roadmap.
2. Integrated Project Management:
3. Staff Management:
Supervises team of developers (all levels); provides performance feedback and goal-setting; conducts annual performance assessments.
Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with FEP leadership, FEP project managers, business owners, and customers.
Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in SDLC project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members work.
Manage Vendor relations and procurement related to the projects.
Supervises and leads a team of direct and indirect reports consisting of:
Direct Reports: 6+ Developers and architects (associates and contractors) Indirect reports: 3+ Project and Technical Project managers, SIT testers, Business and Systems Analysts in a matrix model/Agile environment.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required. 8+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
Out of the 8 years required, at least 5 years in a combination of the following:
Master’s degree in Business or Technology related field. Prior Health insurance industry exposure; specific experience with successful large-scale Program Management within a cross functional environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/4/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship