Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Director, Strategic Communications, the incumbent will be charged to develop the overall FEP Operations Center’s ® (FEPOC) communication strategy and supporting communication plans that produce effective and precisely crafted messages, using a variety of communication channels, to reach and influence FEPOC’s stakeholders. The incumbent will also manage and/or support special projects and corporate initiatives.
As the Strategic Communication Manager, the associate will partner with the Executive Leadership, Customer Relationship Management, Strategy Management, Project and Product, and Customer Change Management teams in developing strategy and plans for communication efforts. This associate will manage the creative development of all related communication collateral and outputs. The incumbent will manage the communication’s team to implement communication strategy and underlying plans.
The associate will manage communication efforts directed to stakeholders, coordinate activities with internal clients, and act as liaison with external partners. Associate is also responsible for representing the department with FEPOC management and developing all necessary communications to support FEPOC communication strategy. Associate will have accountability for the production of BlueWeb content, Annual Report, FEP Technology Conference, Technology Strategy Summit, FEPOC Intranet, and other communication channels.
Staff Management and Development
Direct management and accountability for 5-8 direct reports (FTE and contingent workers) responsible for BlueWeb and Intranet content development and management, FEPOC solution marketing, associate and FEPOC communications, event management, and editorial compliance.
• A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field and a minimum of 7 years of professional, strategic communications including a minimum of 4 year's people and team management experience
• 4+ years prior experience in conference and event planning and production and managing vendors.
• 4+ years brand development and management experience.
• Some travel required.
• A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
• A proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader.
• A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often tight deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
• Ability to work independently and be able to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines.
• An understanding of graphic design, print production and electronic communications.
• Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
• A creative thinker who embraces and drives change.
• A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable working with leaders at all levels.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
• Thorough understanding of communication strategies and planning; strong understanding of electronic communications, promotions; ability to write for marketing communications, oral and presentation skills; ability to lead a team and work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3+ years of health insurance, health communications, health industry or technology experience, and a good understanding of health care trends. Master's Degree and experience managing cross-functional and matrixed teams preferred.
Department: Plan Communication
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/4/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Travel between the Owings Mills, Canton, Reston, and Washington, D.C. based offices may be required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship