Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general supervision of the Director, Finance & IT, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Manages corporate accounting to ensure accurate financial reporting in accordance to GAAP. Plays key role in monitoring financial performance of the company. Provides guidance to the director as to effective ways to control costs. It is the Manager’s responsibility to ensure assets are being utilized efficiently as well as the division’s profit is maximized.
2. Manages corporate financial statement preparation and analysis in order to present to management and outside auditors. This function includes being proactive and taking the necessary steps to ensure corporate financial underperformance is indentified timely and accurately so senior management can quickly take corrective action.
3. Manages funding administration and develops procedures to automate and improve processes. Also manages the stop loss administration. It is the Manager’s responsibility to ensure that new/changed funding operations utilize the efficiencies of our systems, provide sufficient information for customers and blend into our existing processes effectively. Interface with clients when necessary.
4. Manages group billing in order to ensure clients are invoiced properly. Responsible for periodically evaluating systems and improving processes as needed. Includes oversight of the accounts receivable collection process to ensure the company’s assets are being utilized effectively.
5. Manages the annual budgets, corporate tax return schedules and other items to ensure compliance and to facilitate coordination and all interfaces with CareFirst Finance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has 2 supervisory direct reports and 10-12 technical exempt indirect reports.
Required: Position requires a Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting or a related field, and a minimum of 5-7 years of financial management experience. Position also requires demonstrated knowledge and ability with stop loss and auditing, and accounting information systems.
Abilities/Skills: Additionally, position requires expertise in Accounting and Finance, advanced accounting information system skills including a working knowledge of Oracle and Micosoft applications (PC), and excellent communication skills.
Preferred: Knowledge of Third Party Administration/health insurance preferred. CPA license and/or MBA.
Department: Finance & Funding
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/20/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Required to travel amoung the TPA sites.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship