Resp & Qualifications
Manager, External Client Business Change Management provides change management leadership for all customers (BCBSA, Plans, 3rd Party Vendors) impacting programs and projects across the FEPOC enterprise. Incumbent is responsible for defining and delivering strategies, tactics, frameworks, methods and tools to achieve business goals of successful internal and external stakeholder engagement and adoption. Will work with program and project teams to roll out changes to 35 BCBS Plans nationally, the FEP BCBS Director’s Office and FEP Operations Center stakeholders in a structured way with regard to planning, testing, and adopting and transitioning from one technology or business process to another. Will need to work in partnership with their peer on Internal Client BCM initiatives across FEPOC.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under limited direction from the Director of EBCM the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Business Focus
• Develops, establishes and maintains business change management discipline including standards, guidelines and procedures, tools and templates in support of $350M SOW portfolio
• Supports the development of change management skills throughout the organization; provides mentoring and guidance on the application of change management best practices.
• Assesses customer change management needs across project portfolio.
• Introduces relevant best practices to the organization.
2. Program and Project Focus
• Incumbent oversees all Plan/External customer change management aspects of assigned high visibility, large scale Plan impacting projects and/or programs that support 35 BCBS Plans nationally.
• Develops, delivers, and coordinates change management work, including stakeholder management, sponsorship, communications, training, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments, change leadership, and culture change.
• Responsible for the success of assigned projects and/or programs.
• Responsible for reporting on project and/or program change management activities to the steering and governance committees.
• Ensures that all defined change management deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
• Collaborates with project sponsors and the project team to ensure success.
• Ensures that projects follow appropriately scaled best practices and established FEPOC processes, procedures and guidelines.
• Minimizes exposure and risk on project(s) and program(s), including optimizing the timing of release of project deliverables into business operations and preparing the affected Plans for the transition
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Evaluates and ensures user readiness and manages anticipated resistance.
• Defines process and is responsible for measurement of system adoption, project success metrics, and benefit maximization. Reports on critical success factors and measurable benefits of projects deployed.
• Ability to advise, counsel and coach leadership and front line managers on active and visible sponsorship, and help drive understanding of sponsorship importance for effect change.
• Works independently and with management on complex, highly visible, cross-functional projects.
• Provide stakeholder perspective to FEPOC leadership and project teams and serve as an advocate for stakeholders.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion and supports risk mitigation efforts.
• Manages change management specialists supporting the program.
• Through guiding and mentoring of others, supports the growth of change management skills throughout the organization.
4. Staff Management and Development
Management responsibilities include hiring, mentoring and training, performance reviews, and travel expense oversight. Additionally, develop and maintain annual budget, business continuity documentation and service catalogs, report monthly management metrics, and participate in management meetings and forums.
• Demonstrated 8+ years of experience and success in crafting business change frameworks for large scale organizations.
• Demonstrated 5+ years of experience and success in leading business change management planning and execution for large-scale technology projects with complex stakeholder groups and requirements.
• Advanced knowledge of change management methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques applied in an IT environment (Kotter, ADKAR, Prosci, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Waterfall and Agile software development approaches and applying change management best practices within these IT development methodologies.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 10+ years relevant corporate, management consulting, and/or communications experience.
Skills and Accountabilities:
• Need to have excellent problem-solving skills, a strong command of change management principles, and an ability to work with a wide variety and level of staff proficiency as the change is implemented.
• A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable working with leaders at all levels.
• Skills/experience with business process reengineering methods, metrics, tools and techniques.
• Extremely strong facilitation skills and the ability to take a strong leadership role with both peers and senior managers.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Independent and self-starter. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Excellent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
• Change management certification or designation desired. Prosci and/or Project Management certification is a plus.
• Management consulting experience, project management experience, facilitation and line management experience are all desirable.
Department: Business Change Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 02/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. Manual and visual skills are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently communicate orally and in writing. This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel within the USA is required. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 25 lbs.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship