Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The incumbent is responsible for leading and supporting the technical guidance of 6 Windows Server team members. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to being the technical lead on all Windows, ESX and Storage environments to include application subject matter expertise on VMWare, Virtual desktops, Unified Communications, Imaging, Citrix and Exchange. This individual will be responsible for leading the server team’s day to day delivery and support of all FEPOC work area infrastructures. Being the point of contact for server team projects. Implementing the hands-on, practical technology work needed to support solution delivery. This work involves applying systems integration, development, system design, maintaining, configuring, administering, project management and the coordination of service.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager of Work Area Services the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. This position's primary responsibility is leading the team in the efficient operation, development and administration of the corporate server infrastructure. Taking the technical lead role for all administration, installation, configuration and maintenance of the FEPOC work area infrastructure. Leading the installation of new systems and application deployments such as the implementation of virtual desktop infrastructure on hyperconverged systems. Oversees System Engineers performing system administration, including account administration, file permissions, access control levels, DNS changes, virus protection and firewall services as related to the server environment; operating systems support and maintenance. Recognizes risk and takes appropriate steps to mitigate them.
Adhere to standard service level agreements, for heartbeat and day-to-day support.
Ensure that change management process is properly followed for environment changes.
Interact with customers both internal and external at all levels to provide high-level of professional customer care for all clients.
Exhibits poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
Act as interface with all members of the IT infrastructure team keeping management and peers informed, disseminate information as needed.
Implement policies, procedures, and technologies as required too support the infrastructure.
Independently resolves problems
Providing customer service & support to all customers internal & external.
2. Provide tier 3 support and maintenance for 180+ Windows 2012/2016 and Linux servers in a Gigabit LAN environment.
3. Advanced knowledge of subject matter to be able to Interface with team members on an ongoing basis to ensure installed systems and applications are performing as required and meets the business objectives of the FEPOC. Must possess the skills to work with the less experienced Systems Engineers in interfacing with our internal and external customers.
4. Creation of detailed project plans in support of assigned larger projects related to desktop functions. Takes the leadership role for the team's assigned projects.
5. Assists the Principal Engineer in the evaluation and integration of complex, emerging server, network based and imaging technology, which aligns with business strategy and initiatives for internal as well as external customers. Expand technical and business knowledge through reading, research, on-the-job training, and classroom training.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and code of conduct policies.
SCOPE DATA: Directly accountable for the leading the team. This includes providing direction to the team and leading the installation, operation, function, availability, and maintenance of server hardware and software, systems and peripherals. The incumbent oversees all projects in the section and reports the status to the Server Operations manager either during 1:1 or weekly status reports. Perform other duties as specified by the Server Operations Manager. The support and management of over 180+ Servers and configures/maintains storage in the SBPASC environment. Providing and supporting high system availability. Accountable for ensuring the current service level requirements\agreements (SLR\SLA) are met. Provides daily support Monday through Friday, extended time may be required to meet project deadlines for system upgrades, project support and system emergency. Candidate must take on a leadership role on the team. Must be able to work flexible hours, which will sometimes include weekends and holidays. Position is subject to being "on call" for after-hours support situations 24x7, 365. Travel between all CareFirst locations will be required day or night depending on need.
Abilities/Skills: Must be able to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation.
Department: Work Area Services
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before:4/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional Walking, standing & travel is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 60 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship