Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Strategic Marketing Communications Manager, this associate will be charged with creating, managing, and delivering Marketing Communication materials that are accurate, on budget, and on time. The associate will be accountable for input into the communication strategy, creating the detailed project work plan and timeline with clearly defined deliverables, dates and accountable personnel. The associate will oversee the execution of the work plan and will advise stakeholders of project status and implementation milestones. The associate will coordinate and facilitate communication projects across various stakeholders and act as liaison to communicate activities.
As a Communications Project Manager, the incumbent will work with Strategic Marketing and Marketing Communications to develop strategic communication materials, managing the creation and tracking of various material work plans.
The associate will work with internal clients including Marketing, Legal, Contracting and Compliance, Sales and the Strategic Business Units to help develop communication strategies and formulate work and project plans delivering communications solutions to meet client needs. Associate is also responsible for representing the department with CareFirst management and tracking all necessary marketing communications, including brochures, letters, sales flashes, inserts, trade show materials and promotional materials.
Associate must work independently and be able to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines, in order to impact sales which directly affect the success of CareFirst.
• Manage all phases of the communication project life cycle process, which includes monitoring progress, serving as resource to divisional management regarding the project, preparing documentation for appropriate management and various committees, preparing staff updates as required for various committees and various levels of management. Manage project work for initiatives with scope crossing multiple segments and products (task, sequencing, milestones, risk, and contingencies) to ensure that the communication project is launched on time and within time constraints. Review detailed plans to ensure that the implementation meets defined expectations and are in accordance with overall goals.
• Work closely with Marketing, Sales and external customers to communicate activities related to various audiences, including members, accounts and brokers. Acts as the point of contact between the client base to ensure all communications provided are thorough, accurate and timely.
• Acts as liaison across multiple areas to ensure effective and efficient goals, scope, progress and completion of projects. Work with the Strategic Communications Manager to coordinate issues throughout CareFirst, and externally when necessary, to promote accurately represented information.
• Submit requests to Graphics with all required changes and provide clear direction on copy, branding and overall look and feel of materials. Make sure all changes are completed and accurate.
• Interact with all levels of Marketing Communications, internal and external clients, and CareFirst support services (Legal, Operations, etc.). Respond quickly to accurately incorporate comments and requested changes. Provide updates to Marketing leadership as required.
• Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, research collateral distribution and ensure delivery of materials.
• Develop SOPs as needed for materials and projects; maintain history of materials including dates and reasons materials were modified or removed from distribution.
• Candidate must have the ability to bring a sales perspective to materials.
• Think logically and strategically to advance the effectiveness of various communications vehicles in delivering and reinforcing company messages.
• Collaborate with, oversee, implement and adhere to brand style guide and consistencies in writing style.
• Effectively write and edit clear, concise copy for various audiences, including members, accounts, brokers and internal associates.
• Support Strategic Marketing Communications Manager in corporate-wide initiatives, including attending project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met.
• In conjunction with the Strategic Communications Manager:
Understand various communication channels and how best to communicate through each channel (email, print, etc).
Develop ways to evaluate effectiveness of all communications with metrics and reporting to management.
Initiate ideas to enhance marketing any of our products, membership or insurance services.
• Take the initiative to keep abreast of pertinent industry trends and competitors.
Project Management Leadership
• Provide direction and motivation to multi-disciplinary team. Work with team to set priorities and ensure proper communication across divisions. Troubleshoot problems and resolve issues.
• A college degree in communications, marketing, business or a related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of professional advertising or marketing communications experience and a minimum of 2 years of project management experience required.
• A proven track record of project management, including work plan development and management
• Excellent organizational and coordination skills
• Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management
• A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines
• Ability to establish strong relationships across departments, and with leaders at all levels, and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently in a fast-paced environment
Thorough understanding of marketing and sales strategies; ability to create and manage work plans, oral and presentation skills; ability to work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3 years of sales and/or health insurance experience, a good understanding of health care trends and experience working with sales are preferred. An understanding of government regulations and experience dealing with government regulations is also preferred.
Department: Advertising, Brand & Marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 02/22/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Travel between the Owings Mills, Canton and Washington, D.C. based offices will be required on occasion.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship