Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The associate assists in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient test plans, test cases, automated testing scripts, and test scenarios.The STA will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, managing and executing testing plans, test cases, low-level automated test scripts, and test scenarios. The STA will work with testing tools, report on testing metrics, and help to extend the use of technology in testing. In addition, the STA must be able to communicate affectively and collaborate with other teams as necessary.Develop skills to review, analyze and validate manual and automated test cases and the associated requirements that impact the business production systems. Work is reviewed for accuracy and quality performance.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Accountable for creating, coding and keying accurate and thorough test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Executes tests and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
2. Accountable for analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
3. Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through classroom training, testing workshops, reading, and research, etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
4. Accountable for reviewing and analyzing business and system requirements and specifications for system programs and modules.
5. Coordinates with customers to resolve issues. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer requests and obtain information to create test data.
6. Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
7. Initiates Change Management Records (CMRs) or CareFirst Information Technology Tracking System (CITT) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
Department: Agile Delivery and Reporting
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before:2/23/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship