Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: The incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. System Design and Implementation: Designs, plans, maintains, and installs DataBase Management Systems (DBMS) and supporting DBMS tools for mainframe or client server to meet business requirements. Assumes ownership of overall DBMS performance and availability.
2. Procedural: Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to installing, maintaining, and using the DBMS.
3. Technology Consulting: Leads complex problem resolution and coordination with Level 3 support. Understands and performs integration of component level systems into solutions.
4. Research and Development: Recommends and implements new technologies to benefit the business.
5. Project Management: Provides project management at the team and technical project level, including properly following a project life cycle, developing and maintaining project plans where appropriate, and completing all appropriate documentation and notifications in order to obtain resolution within established timeframes.
6. Leadership: Provides technical training and mentors less senior team members.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no direct reports, but may provide technical guidance to less experienced staff, and project management for team and technical projects.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science with 5-10 years of prior experience in the specific technical discipline, OR equivalent experience.
One or more of the following certifications is required:
Technical: Database Engineer Lead: Position requires advanced knowledge of DataBase Management Systems, operating systems, hardware platforms, virtualization, high availability as well as working knowledge of communications, programming, storage and supporting software listed below.
NOTE: to progress to next level, will need to develop skill in alternate systems.
Abilities/Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals for peers; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership, external customers, and associates.
Department:SBP HW&SW at CDC
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before:2/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship