Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The Account Consultant serves as a critical member of the Strategic Account Solutions team. The Account Consultant’s primary responsibility is to bring the value of CareFirst to the marketplace with clients (Commercial segment under 999 contracts), consultants and brokers. The incumbent will review client specific data/reporting and make recommendations to help clients (large group customers) meet their corporate goals and key initiatives relating to health and welfare benefits. The Account Consultant serves as key subject matter expert and strategic partner for the Large Group Sales organization and will regularly attend client meetings to review health outcomes and cost information. This position reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Account Solutions and will be responsible for advancing and growing our Large Group business by selling the value of CareFirst through data and strategic messaging as well as bring the voice of the marketplace back to CareFirst.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Strategic Account Solutions the Account Consultant’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Expert at presenting SearchLight information and articulating CareFirst’s value to the marketplace. Works closely with other areas of the organization (Medical Management, Data/Informatics) to ensure the client messaging, strategy and direction are in line with functional areas of the organization, and represents sales departmental requirements to those functional areas.
2. Serves as the strategic partner for Large Group Sales. Analyzes client specific account data and interprets information and work with Sales in the development of a meaningful strategy to address complex client needs.
• Works with Account Managers to identify and understand clients’ healthcare information needs.
• Effectively communicates the value of CareFirst. Helps employer accounts understand their healthcare challenges and aids in the development of client specific solutions.
• Provides interpretation and guidance to the Sales Organization in the clinical interpretation of reports and projects for employer groups to understand their healthcare utilization and cost trends, and provides programmatic recommendations regarding optimal products that address identified medical needs.
• Coordinates and monitors client feedback and recommends appropriate strategies, tactics and operational initiatives to continuously enhance client satisfaction.
• Meets regularly in face to face meetings with clients, and creates ad hoc reports, as requested.
• Serves as the functional subject matter expert for Data and Healthcare Analytics/Informatics during finalist presentations or key account meetings.
• Works with other members of the Strategic Account Solutions Team (analysts and Clinical resources) to ensure the right information and messaging is provided to our internal and external customers.
• Effectively articulate feedback from the marketplace
• Bachelor’s degree in health-care related field, or information technology/data analysis required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Producer License in MD, DC and VA preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in healthcare analysis and/or consulting with client contact at the middle to senior levels of the organization, and demonstrated business development skills
• Proven analytic and problem solving skills
• Exceptional presentation skills with professional delivery
• Excellent knowledge of healthcare terminology, managed care concepts
• Demonstrated ability to act as a credible source to convey complex healthcare utilization information/ideas in an easily understood manner to guide audience
• High attention to detail
• Proven effective written and interpersonal communication skills, well organized, ability to multi-task and work independently, promote flexibility and teamwork Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to travel (mostly local travel required, occasion travel outside Balt/Wash area)
Department: Client Advisors MD
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 03/01/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Frequent driving is required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship