Resp & Qualifications
Manager for Data Governance you will own and manage the data governance practices and processes across the CareFirst business units while also leading a talented engineering team dedicated to improving data quality for our primary IT systems.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Director, Data Governance the incumbent is responsible for, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Lead day-to-day data governance activities of key FEPOC systems and interfaces, including procedures for data inquiries, ad-hoc data requests, gap analysis, business process mapping, and data flow analysis
2. Provide leadership and management progress reports of all data governance practices and processes, inclusive of framework development, toolkit deployment, pilot project activities, and creating/maintaining KPIs
3. Work closely with Enterprise Data Architecture and Data Analytics team(s), conceptualize, implement, and assist in maintaining data architecture documentation to enable reporting and analytics across all relevant systems, input paths, and storage
4. Identify data quality issues; lead remediation plans, implementation of data controls, intake of data, and manage data quality remediation strategies
5. Interpret and apply formal standards policies and processes regarding data quality, governance, and architecture as set by the enterprise, and develop relevant policies
6. Work closely with Security and Internal Audit team(s) to implement appropriate information security policies and procedure
7. Develops, coaches, mentors and leads team members for sustained individual and team performance
Direct Reports: 5
Required Education and Experience:
Required Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Informatics Data Governance
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/2/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship