Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for leading and managing the analysis, planning, design, development and implementation of all Company corporate mandatory trainings as well as Compliance and Ethics Education and Training Program (“Program”) initiatives in alignment with strategic and operational goals. This position will lead the effort to create innovative education solutions using sound instructional design methodologies, current technologies and effective project management that meet mandatory training requirements which are consistent with Company Values, Culture and Mission and enhance the learner experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Develops all courses using an Instructional Systems Design (ISD) approach. Brainstorms creative and innovative instructional design strategies with Manager. Writes effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts and video scripts. Knows how to connect with an audience. Develops and utilizes resources for the integration of all content elements of the course to include graphics, illustrations, activities, case studies and simulations. Establishes positive relationships with Company identified Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Key Stakeholders to support in content development and accuracy.
2. Acts as a project manager for large scale, multiple projects. Establishes and adheres to milestones contained within course project plans according to established Program development standards. Leads project meetings, prioritizes, resolves conflicts, and manages project plans in accordance with Program timelines and standards.
3. Serves as the Program’s Quality Assurance (QA) resource by setting testing standards in partnership with Corporate Learning and Development. Responsible for communicating standards, expectations and follow up with key stakeholders and participating in course testing to ensure adherence to those standards. Fosters positive interdepartmental relationships while supporting the needs for Program product development, delivery and knowledge.
Creates quantitative and qualitative measurement tools for use in the feedback process in order for the Program to accurately monitor the effectiveness of delivered programs and to monitor student understanding, progress as well as make adjustment to future courses.
4. Conducts or participates in needs analysis and evaluation analysis. Makes recommendations and assists in implementation for solving identified training related issues that support the Program.
Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance on the integration of instructional design methodologies into E-Learning and Program initiatives. Researches and remains up to date on emerging technology and industry best practices. Identifies ways to foster collaborative learning environments and grow the Program’s learning experience.
5. Participates in annual Compliance and Ethics events and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or Education related field
• 3-5 years' experience in instructional design and/or curriculum development, for both online and print-based curriculums
• Demonstrates a genuine interest in supporting learners and instructors with a wide range of skills and abilities
• Demonstrates strong interest in growth and knowledge in the realm of adult learning theory and education technologies
• Knowledge of the creation, use and deployment of digital media
• Ability to solve problems with minimal supervision and balance multiple projects while working constructively in a team environment
• Superior interpersonal, writing and communication skills enabling interfaces with all levels of organization and client stakeholders
• Proficiency with course authoring software such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash, learning management systems, content management systems, and graphic editing softwar e
• Web and mobile technology skills such as HTML5, XHTL and CSS desirable
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Previous education delivery experience preferred
Department: CFA Training
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 03/03/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The employee is primarily seated and standing while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship