Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for leading and managing the analysis, planning, design, development and implementation of all Company corporate mandatory trainings as well as Compliance and Ethics Education and Training Program (“Program”) initiatives in alignment with strategic and operational goals. This position will lead the effort to create innovative education solutions using sound instructional design methodologies, current technologies and effective project management that meet mandatory training requirements which are consistent with Company Values, Culture and Mission and enhance the learner experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Develops all courses using an Instructional Systems Design (ISD) approach. Brainstorms creative and innovative instructional design strategies with Manager. Writes effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts and video scripts. Knows how to connect with an audience. Develops and utilizes resources for the integration of all content elements of the course to include graphics, illustrations, activities, case studies and simulations. Establishes positive relationships with Company identified Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Key Stakeholders to support in content development and accuracy.
2. Acts as a project manager for large scale, multiple projects. Establishes and adheres to milestones contained within course project plans according to established Program development standards. Leads project meetings, prioritizes, resolves conflicts, and manages project plans in accordance with Program timelines and standards.
3. Serves as the Program’s Quality Assurance (QA) resource by setting testing standards in partnership with Corporate Learning and Development. Responsible for communicating standards, expectations and follow up with key stakeholders and participating in course testing to ensure adherence to those standards. Fosters positive interdepartmental relationships while supporting the needs for Program product development, delivery and knowledge.
4. Creates quantitative and qualitative measurement tools for use in the feedback process in order for the Program to accurately monitor the effectiveness of delivered programs and to monitor student understanding, progress as well as make adjustment to future courses.
5. Conducts or participates in needs analysis and evaluation analysis. Makes recommendations and assists in implementation for solving identified training related issues that support the Program.
6. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance on the integration of instructional design methodologies into E-Learning and Program initiatives. Researches and remains up to date on emerging technology and industry best practices. Identifies ways to foster collaborative learning environments and grow the Program’s learning experience.
7. Participates in annual Compliance and Ethics events and initiatives.
Department: Organization Development
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/3/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship