Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Performs the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Unix Operating Systems and Subsystems. Assists with analysis and problem resolution associated with server hardware, operating system software, and middleware and database subsystems to ensure that the organization’s response time goals and systems availability standards are consistently met.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager of Systems Software /Technical Support, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Administration of Operating Systems and Subsystems software to ensure peak efficiency and reliability: Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the operating system and application server configurations on the UNIX servers in the environments, including management of basic virtualization in the environment. Assists Database Administrators with operating system configurations related to database subsystems. Utilizes strong troubleshooting capabilities to diagnose and resolve problems, or escalate to next level support as necessary. Monitors and manages storage, network, and security in the assigned environment in conjunction with vendor recommendations. Ensures proper procedures are followed to introduce changes and fixes into the operating environment in order to ensure the lowest possible error rate. Proactively monitors software maintenance levels compared to the vendor published software stack to ensure optimization and corrective fixes are applied.
2. Procedural: Develops, updates, and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to installing, maintaining, and using Operating Systems and subsystems software.
3. Technology Consulting: Provide technical assistant to all customers to leverage technology and resolve problems.
4. Research and Development: Researches and develops ways to exploit new technologies to benefit the business
5. Project Management: Assists in the creation of detailed project plans with respect to specific server installations and configurations. Inform Project Managers of progress of activities tracked on specific project plans.
6. Education: Educates self and peers in new and changing technologies.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
Required: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum three years related experience and/or training, OR equivalent combination of experience and training.
Abilities/Skills: Communication: Ability to read and interpret procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates.
Department:SBP HW&SW at CDC
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before:3/6/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship