Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Strategic Communications Director, this Manager is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of:
1. FEPOC Communication Brand Strategy to support and promote the mission, image and goals of FEPOC through the strategic use of consistent brand strategy and messaging.
2. Strategic communications advice and support to key internal constituencies and other external stakeholder communications as it relates to communication services.
3. Developing and ensuring the commitment and alignment of FEPOC communication standards and governance across the organization and socializing CareFirst and BCBSA communications guidance and standards with regards to communication services materials.
This position also is responsible for:
1. Manage the visual design repository and oversee development and production of all collateral materials to include, videos, slick sheets, audiovisual needs etc.
2. Developing and implementing design strategies and governance for FEPOC’s digital properties (e.g., BlueWeb and Intranet) focusing on each FEPOC channel to ensure all are speaking with “one voice” across internal and external facing platforms. Partners with the UI/UX Center of Excellence for user experience and user interface design.
3. Developing, executing and implementing timely and accurate stakeholder services (editorial and brand) reviews
Success in achieving the above tasks requires the incumbent to work in partnership with the Strategic Communications Manager (Planning and Delivery) and others to provide strategic counsel and tactical support to further the strategic goals of FEPOC.
1. Brand Creation, Development and Positioning:
- Create and develop the brand strategy for the organization. Works with FEPOC departments to formulate the brand strategy to target the company’s strategic objectives.
- Responsibilities include formulating strategy, overseeing compliance and brand standards; communicating new processes and procedures to appropriate audiences, both internal and external
- Establish and manage governance over communication standards, digital brand strategy, visual design and style guides to ensure organizational quality work that aligns with FEPOC, BCBSA and CareFirst brand standards
- Mobilizes other communications resources to leverage brand strategy and ensure consistent messaging in partnership with the Manager of Communications Planning & Delivery
- Supports the redesign/reimagining of the FEPOC intranet and manage FEPOC intranet content, establishing standards and practices for improving internal use of intranet resources to optimize web communications for FEPOC platforms
- Research, recommend and implement digital communication resources to accelerate communications maturity and lifecycle of digital vendor services.
- Oversee and manage all communications channels with the Plans
- Define success metrics as it applies to all communication services
2. Brand Management and Brand Leadership:
- Develop, implement and manage digital brand policies, standards and processes across FEPOC in partnership with the Directors Office.
- Provide vision and direction to mature FEPOC communications strategy and discipline to deliver relevant and impactful internal and external communications across digital platforms.
- Collaborate on content strategy to articulate the FEPOC brand attributes.
- Monitor social media trends and activity of CareFirst social media to ensure best in class presence and execution.
- Establish reporting to optimize content across channels. Continue to build brand development capabilities and drive innovation dialogue in the organization, leveraging internal thought leaders/SMEs, research, and insights from external sources.
- Develop marketing plans and brand advertising campaigns, including but not limited to: program positioning, value proposition, messaging, creative and planning.
- Manage the collection and reporting of a visual repository
- Assess internal and external FEPOC stakeholders and develop communications strategy to address digital needs in coordination with the overall Communications strategies
- Serve as a mentor to interns and junior-level staff to provide general training and feedback and review; web site development and review; and other communications related leadership tasks
- Support Strategic Communications Director in enterprise-wide initiatives, including providing strategic insight and serving as the FEPOC’s digital and design expert
- Manage staff of 3-5 exempt associates and contingent workers
- Ensures compliance by assigned staff of all mandatory training and other compliance requirements
3. Vendor Management:
- Manages, monitors and directs the activities of our partnerships with our production design, print, conference giveaway, and agencies at the strategic level to ensure materials, campaigns and communications efforts are on target and that tactical plans are implemented on schedule and within budget. Monitors for compliance with contracts and ensures that all work meets expectations.
- Ensure campaigns produce measureable and sustainable results that strengthen brand awareness, consideration, improve retention, and drive brand engagement.
4. Program Oversight, Governance and Compliance:
- Manages promotion and growth strategy. Utilize new technologies and methods to reach target audiences.
- Monitors and reports result of programs and conducts thorough analysis to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all marketing efforts. Maintain the brand identify and continuity throughout all advertising and marketing efforts both internally and externally.
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive consistency and awareness of the brand development narrative and the process to obtain brand approvals. Reinforce the basic brand standards through formal logo and material approval
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications, design, advertising, communications or related field or equivalent related professional work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Advertising, Brand Management, Marketing Communications or Graphic/Digital Design with the proven ability to develop strategies to grow and maintain brand awareness, including 3-5 years of project/program management experience. UI/UX experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience
- Must possess excellent creative judgement, communication skills and analytical abilities and have proven track record of marketing success. Requires superb written and oral communication abilities and polished presentation skills.
- Must be decisive and well organized with sound business judgement.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer
PREFERRED: Master’s degree in business or marketing. Health care background is preferred.
Department: Plan Communication
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/9/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship