Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Director, Enterprise Business Change Management, the following shall include but not be limited to:
- Execute the User Assistance mission, vision, strategies and solutions
- Develop and manage user assistance content that customers value and trust by leveraging industry best practices and toolsets, and by integrating and aligning roles and processes. Develop strategies and solutions that improve the end users’ experience with FEPOC solutions by producing searchable, easily consumable, and immediately actionable user assistance content. Publish high quality content consistently across platforms, formats and devices.
- Develop a plan on how to structure the organization's SOW / Plan-facing document system. Create an SOW / Plan-facing content delivery management plan and maintain the plan to fit with both customer needs and changes and requirements as well as overall project scope. Determine the kinds of content created or used by the organization and what solutions work best for each delivery. Ensure that the content legally required for the company's structure or other reasons are kept on hand and readily available as needed. Develop policies and procedures for the handling of the company's content.
- Business Partner Documentation Consulting and Management
- Manage and direct multiple and complex programs and strategy projects that span organizational boundaries, manage multiple high-risk projects, including projects involving such partners as Plans, the FEP Directors Office, the Office of Personnel Management and internal FEP Operations Center areas that have significant impact to FEPOC business. Manage and translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical Content Delivery plans as well as manage all aspects of corporate initiatives which may include cost benefit analysis, documentation and work plans, functional and technical designs, construction, testing and implementation. Ensure efficient and high-quality implementation of deliverables and monitor all aspects of projects.
- Coordinate and provide services to identify business and subsequent content delivery drivers for the organization and identify technology drivers for the analysis of roles and associated skills and competencies.
- Measure user assistance and content delivery return on investment (ROI) and help pilot new user assistance/content delivery techniques, strategies, tools and processes to increase content and delivery effectiveness
- Research technical, business and theoretical developments in the field to identify opportunities for improved systems and/or business processes.
- Design and Provide Documentation and Content Delivery Programs
The Manager is responsible for overseeing the design and delivery of user assistance and content delivery programs to internal, and external customers - 36 BCBSA Plans across the Federal Employee Program as well as:
- Lead and manage the implementation of technical publications and records management systems, from initiation to end user delivery.
- Oversee standards and quality assurance for publications, including updates.
- Track and forecast budgets.
- Supervise and coordinate staff to stay on schedule and provide appropriate materials.
- Work with Web Designer and multiple departments to analyze and improve overall query and storage systems.
- Report on security, users, access, and data quality of contents and records.
- Standardize data and records through remediation as well as changing organizational policy.
- Ensure compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) to protect access to PHI under security and privacy rules.
- Oversee and evaluate tool acquisition, upgrades, testing, trouble shooting and issue resolution.
- User Assistance Team Leadership
- Manage the End User Documentation Team on a day-to-day basis and provide team strategies that link FEPOC goals and strategies to Documentation and Content Management professionals’ core objectives. Provide mentoring, coaching, feedback, goal setting and regular performance discussions to develop and grow the End User Documentation Team, and to consistently improve associate satisfaction. Designate responsibility and authority to appropriate staff. Evaluate performance of each team member, generate performance plans and set goals within the context of corporate policy. Ensure that staff has appropriate tools and training.
- Drive Performance and Associate Management Strategies
- Participate in appropriate and assigned FEPOC and CareFirst meetings, committees and projects to advocate and demonstrate the ongoing implementation and measurement of documentation and content delivery development and quality assurance best practices. Serve as a subject matter expert across the internal team on documentation content delivery development best practices, performance coaching and performance management. Assess performance development needs within business units and analyze user assistance content.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: Manage a team of IT Technical Writers, Principal Requirements Analysts, Program Analysts and Web Developers
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of managing or leading a technical writing team
- Proven technical writing and editing skills
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Content Management, Web design t for web-based applications, and Web publishing or equivalent experience
- Experience partnering with technology clients and designing and leading technical applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proven ability to collaborate across functional areas and work effectively with senior management
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated success in user assistance, documentation and content design, development and delivery (assessment, design and strong facilitation skills)
- Thorough understanding and application of principles and practices of content management systems, application design and publication techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Health insurance or health care industry knowledge
- Customer experience design and information architecture
- Operational knowledge across functional areas (Claims, Service, Enrolment, Account Installation, etc.)
Abilities/Skills: The ability to use different cross functional data sources to produce reports and feedback systems leading to root causes. Must be able to develop action plans. Superior relationship building, and excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are necessary.
- Communication, negotiation, influencing and needs analysis skills. Ability to align user assistance artifacts to desire business outcomes.
- Experience and understanding of SDLC, PMLC, Agile discipline and environmental conditions
- Experience in systems design, testing and integration methodologies, including understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Proficiency in Content Management and documentation storage/versioning tools such as RoboHelp and SharePoint
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher)
- Experience in setting goals and delivering performance feedback
- Knowledge of Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA)
- Excellent interpersonal communication, public speaking and presentation skills
Department:End User Documentation
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before:3/9/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship