Resp & Qualifications
This position is responsible for managing the analysis and assessment of CareFirst BCBS marketing opportunities and spearheading the strategic planning of the product portfolio for the assigned Product and or Market Segment on all delivery platforms. This position will present and sell strategic recommendations to the CEO and to Executive Management at CareFirst to assure the continued segment or product marketability and profitability. This position is responsible for direct support to the Administrative Service Unit (customer service and sales), which may include serving as a subject matter expert; providing assistance in strategic planning; assistance in operations process improvement; assistance in operational staff training; presentations to Accounts, Brokers, and Employees; as well as Sales and Broker training on CareFirst’s specific programs and capabilities related to the Market. This position provides day to day subject matter expertise to all areas of the company related to Market regulations and policy and serves as a leader and/or advisor on Product Line related implementations and task forces. This position will manage the Marketing Department’s responsibilities in the selection and contracting of vendors providing services in the assigned Market, as well as develop the initial and on-going Marketing Coordination and Problem Resolution related to these vendors. The Market Manager will look for and develop synergies to create marketing and administrative efficiencies across designated Market segment. This position will also manage and assist in the design of innovative and diverse new enhancements to the existing Market portfolio. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring that the Market’s products are designed to meet customer needs therefore growing CareFirst enrollment and profitability. Once a new product or enhanced product is conceptualized for the Market, this position manages and assists with oversight of the Product Director, with monitoring and improving the Market’s performance. An additional duty of this position is to serve as a mentor to Interns, Product Specialists and Product Managers by providing general training and feedback.
1. Provide direct support to the Administrative Service Unit including the Sales Department in all designated market segments, by serving as the subject matter expert; assisting in strategic planning; operations process improvement assistance; assistance in operational staff training; making presentations to accounts and brokers; conducting broker training, conducting Sales training; conducting large scale employee/member or prospect meetings.
2. Manage and assist in the development of new products and features for assigned Market. Identify differentiated, innovative and value-added benefits to succeed in highly competitive market. Determine the strategic fit of product portfolio and develop strategies to target high growth and profitable customer segments. As products are developed or modified, ensure that they are consistent with overall CareFirst strategic direction. On continual basis, engage in comprehensive product life cycle management for all products.
3. Manage and assist in the analysis, evaluation, quantification, and determination of future marketplace opportunities to create product and segment strategies balancing customer needs, financial requirements and corporate strategic goals. Maintain market focus by utilizing primary and secondary marketing research and by engaging feedback from accounts and brokers. Lead multidisciplinary teams to develop and publish annual product/segment plan.
4. Provide day to day subject matter expertise and leadership to all areas of the company related to Market regulations, policies and nuances, and serve as an advisor on related implementations and task forces.
5. For assigned Market, manage and assist in the facilitation of multidisciplinary product development or product implementation teams including underwriting, sales, contracting and compliance, IT, Administrative Services Unit, etc. Serve as business owner, point person and consensus builder for marketing, product, and strategic issues. Manage staff to ensure that other departments throughout the company complete their respective tasks in order to make certain that Market related product developments and implementations are successful. Manage the evaluation of issues as necessary to keep projects on task and within budget.
For assigned Market, manage and assist in the monitoring of profitability, enrollment, customer satisfaction, and market and competitor trends in order to recommend new products, product enhancements, or product retirements. Develop monthly updates and presentation of quarterly comprehensive closing documents to marketing staff in order to gauge Market’s performance and to summarize key findings and trends.
6. Present and sell strategic recommendations to the CEO and to Executive Management at CareFirst. Serve as Market "champion" and spokesperson, to ensure that potential internal investors at all levels of the organization are attracted to and fully informed of products' and segments' marketability, profitability, and fit within the changing marketplace.
7 Serve as a mentor to interns, Product Specialists and Product Managers providing general training and feedback on strategic planning process; analysis of the impact of health care regulations on their product or segment; product development; competitive pricing analysis; enrollment analysis; marketing material development and review; web site development and review; and other marketing related management tasks. Cross train on product and segment regulations, marketing material review, competitive and pricing analysis, enrollment analysis and day to day tasks to help them become subject matter experts.
Required: Requires an undergraduate degree, and 5 + years of demonstrated Product Management or Marketing Management related experience. A graduate degree in marketing or business, and proficiency with qualitative and quantitative analysis of health industry products strongly preferred. Also, candidate must have completed leadership-oriented training.
Abilities/Skills: Must have highly developed analytical skills and must be able to effectively communicate complex marketing and business related issues to a diverse audience (both written and orally). Must be able to build productive relationships, be effective in individual and group meetings, be skilled in conflict resolution negotiations, and be able to lead and work effectively on cross-functional teams. Must be aggressive in desire to produce innovative alternatives, and be willing to defend suggestions in varied circumstances. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Preferred: A graduate degree in marketing or business, and proficiency with qualitative and quantitative analysis. Health and Pharmacy industry experience strongly preferred.
Department: Product Development & Lifecycle
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/10/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship