Resp & Qualifications
SUMMARY: Responsible for all aspects of enterprise-wide data architecture design including data repositories, data services, data integration and data distribution. Ensures appropriate data workload optimization in support of appropriate application performance. Knowledgeable in most aspects of designing and constructing data architectures, operational data stores, data marts and big data. Focuses on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design. Defines data architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects. Responsible for data acquisition and access analysis and design, Database Management Systems optimization, recovery strategy and load strategy design and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under the general direction of the Director, Information Management:
1. Manages Enterprise Data Architecture department in order to provide technical support in the areas of planning, design, programming and implementation of enterprise data solutions, in conjunction with providing end-user access tools to allow ease of access to the information in support of company initiatives. Monitors progress relative to plan across multiple initiatives and ensures completion of projects according to enterprise data standards and within required time frame in order to achieve corporate goals.
2. Coordinates information sharing and data synchronization activities associated with applications development to ensure the integrity of corporate information assets.
3. Facilitates business stakeholder involvement and understanding of Informatics Management activities, design, and prioritization processes to ensure the technical activities of the department support the business priorities of the company.
4. Maintains a high level of knowledge in industry leading data architecture practices, technology and methods in order to provide corporate vision and oversight of the current data environment and to offer recommendations which enable FEPOC to maintain highest level of efficiency while satisfying it’s customers.
5. Provides knowledge and support in conjunction with the IT staff to assist the FEPOC Directors in strategic planning.
This Position is subject to a Level 6C Requirement
Department:Informatics Data Governance
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/13/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship