Resp & Qualifications
This position is responsible for renewing/growing a large book business which includes both national and local accounts with indemnity and managed care medical products, ancillary/specialty products, and life products. Primary responsibility includes strategic account management for large (200+) and/or complex national or local accounts, sales of additional products/services to existing accounts, implementing sales strategies to grow enrollment through selling new business to existing accounts and managing major account relationships. Indirectly manages sales support staff coordinating the required duties for effective service of clients.
1. Strategic Account Management: Through Strategic Focus and Analysis, Account Manager creates account specific plans that address client needs and provide a short term and long range plan for CareFirst to grow and retain the account. Strategic Account management includes the use of Data Informatics to analyze client specific information and interpret information and assist in the development of meaningful account strategy to address complex client needs.
2. Account Renewal/Growth: Ensures that each assigned account renews annually and aggressively pursues growth within groups by developing and implementing account specific benefit and financial strategies. Through strategic focus and consultative selling skills develops productive and collaborative internal partnerships to create a comprehensive growth and service strategy for assigned book of business. Articulates how CareFirst products and services can contribute to constituents’ objectives and add value, and aggressively seeks and obtains new business within assigned book which includes the addition of ancillary health and life products. For national accounts this may include negotiating financial, benefit and contractual agreements with other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.
3. Relationship Management: Establishes and maintains relationships at multiple levels with clients, consultants, brokers and other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans through the use of consultative skills and analysis of account needs/service requirements; also manages, develops and cultivates relationships with constituents (producers, plan sponsors, brokers, consultants, and customers) as appropriate.
4. Project Management: Manages and executes the sales process (i.e., quoting, proposal, producer license and appointment, status documentation) in collaboration with the internal constituents as necessary. This may include informal management of a team of sales support staff coordinating the account specific support required for effective service of clients for the Account Manager’s book of business; ensure team members create open enrollment strategy with producer and plan sponsor to maximize enrollment; this includes the day to day management of activities, training, development, coaching and feedback required
5. Performs other duties as assigned, which include but are not limited to, developing budgets; projecting enrollment figures; serving on internal and external committees to represent the sales division and/or the corporation; and serving on community organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, health and life underwriters associations, the United Way, etc.
Skills and Abilities
Department: Account Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/26/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship