Resp & Qualifications
1. Financial, Operational & Compliance Auditing: Lead audit teams in the completion of internal audits of the company’s operations third party vendors, administrators and service providers.
- Plan and lead appropriate research, information, gathering and risk assessment of business areas, processes or entities under audit to design and develop detailed audit programs to efficiently and effectively evaluate controls, business process effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Perform audit testing and provide oversight and direction to others in the completion of audit testing which is carried out in accordance with departmental and professional audit standards.
- Prepare and lead audit entrance conference with business area management to communicate specific audit: activities (scope, testing, reporting) associated with audit projects. T
- hroughout the audit interact with and coordinate audit team’s interaction with audit area management and personnel in order to gather information, interpret results, communicate potential risks/issues and develop appropriate corrective actions to strengthen controls, improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations and controlling cost. Prepare and lead audit exit conferences with management and officers of audited business areas to formally communicate audit findings and finalize management action plans to resolve internal inefficiencies and non-compliance identified during the audit.
- Ensure that audit workpapers and supporting documentation are accurate, substantiate audit findings, support audit objectives and test plans and meet departmental and professional audit standards.
- Coordinate with Manager of Audit and Advisory Services, reviews of stass’s work throughout the audit and provide appropriate and timely feedback to staff on performance workpaper content and quality.
- Work with Manager of Audit and Advisory Services to prepare draft and final Audit Reports to management and officers on audit results and corrective actions.
2. Audit Advisory Services Work with management of various business areas in coordinating and evaluating internal control self assessments, business process efficiencies other advisory work as requested/assigned.
- Working closely with business area management, participates in and frequently leads Sarbanes-Oxley related audit activities as assigned (e.g. documentation and testing of internal controls, training and control self-assessments).
- Perform special reviews (e.g.. management requests) and audits, provide advisory services and actively engage in business committees or task forces to address risks and business process effectiveness as requested by management.
- Respond effectively and timely. Write reports or memoranda to management communicating the results of the work performed, establish action plans, and perform follow-up.
- Provide business process and internal control expertise by monitoring the progress and management of corporate initiatives or projects (e.g.. systems development, business process re-engineering) to advise and consult on risk management and controls for system enhancements and/or business processes, based on a system or process development life cycle methodology.
- Work collaboratively with the project team to identify project development and post-implementation risks/issues and facilitate recommendations for corrective actions.
3. Risk Assessment: Assist in the risk assessment and evaluation of the internal control environment of the company on an ongoing basis through the CAAS annual corporate risk assessment process, ongoing internal audit activities such as financial, operational and compliance audits, audit issue follow up, trending and root cause analysis of audit findings and business process and systems reviews. Provide input, and assist the Manager, in developing an annual Audit and Advisory Audit Plan that reflects the results of risk assessments and focuses on the significant risks identified in the organization.
4. Audit Administration - Assist in projects that maintain and enhance AAS department protocols, procedures and processes. Provide support for control monitoring/analysis aspects of the department such as audit issue follow up reporting, root cause analysis and data mining activities as assigned. Identity and maintain a repository of best practices and benchmarking information related to internal auditing and CareFirst business operations.
Required: This position requires a BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Management Sciences, Finance, Accounting or a related field and 3-5 years of progressively responsible internal auditing, public accounting, financial accounting and/or consulting and business advisory services experience or a commensurate combination of auditing, accounting and/or consulting experience. Incumbent must have demonstrated experience and knowledge in at least two of the following; areas: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), COSO Internal Control framework, problem solving/root cause analysis, business process improvement studies/analyses, risk assessment, risk mitigation and internal controls.
Abilities/Skills: Incumbent; must have strong knowledge of auditing techniques, concepts and principles, and their application to individual audits. Must be knowledgeable of internal controls, audit project management best practices, and risk assessment.
- Must have a keen sense of business risks and risk mitigation principles, Must be able to analyze business operations and strategies to identify opportunities for improvement in processes and outcomes.
- Incumbent must be highly motivated, organized, extremely committed to professional development, with demonstrated progression and achievement, and able to work effectively in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Incumbent must have highly developed oral and written communication skills (including good negotiation skills) to the point where complex auditing information and business risks can be effectively communicated to a non-technical audience.
- Also must have effective public speaking skills and be able to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Additional qualities are good analytical skills and judgment, strong decision-making, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks. Incumbent must be proficient with PC applications and be capable of developing a working knowledge of CareFirst business operating systems. Must have a demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required. Occasional travel to regional locations in Washington, DC and Wilmington, Delaware area.
Preferred: Possess or making significant progress towards certification as a CPA, CIA or other relevant professional certification (completion expected within 12 months); advance degree; healthcare insurance industry experience. System development and business process risk assessment is a plus.
Department: Sarbanes Oxley
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/30/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship