Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Under the general direction of the Director, Corporate Services, this position is responsible for the daily operation and management of CareFirst Conference Services and Corporate Conference Centers in Maryland and Washington D.C. This includes the day to day operations of conference room scheduling, conference center event planning, execution, and audio-visual room technology. The CareFirst Conference Centers are located in Canton and Columbia Gateway. Conference Services manages space in 8 CareFirst locations. The incumbent leads and coordinates tasks for the Corporate Services Coordinators and Audio-Visual Technicians at multiple locations, while striving to achieve a consistently outstanding level of performance and quality through the effective utilization of available resources, facilities and services available. The incumbent is dependent upon vendor and property management relationships to be successful. This position maintains and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as, supporting divisional operations goals and objectives. This position crosses all levels of the CareFirst organization and has interaction with all levels of associates.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support and direction to conference services operations which includes but is not limited to: Oversight of corporate conference room portfolio which consists of 100+ rooms, Flex Zones and Flex Spaces in the following 7 locations: Owings Mills I & II, Red Run 800/802, Columbia Gateway, Canton, and Union Center Plaza. Oversight includes responding to inquiries and concerns related to room scheduling and maintenance, executive management requests, and maintaining adequate staffing levels to respond to associate room reservation requests daily. Manage activity and oversee the daily execution of the conference centers and conference services activities (coordinators, audio visual, and conference services specialist). Overseeing the strategic booking of space within the Event Management System (EMS), so as to ensure maximum utilization of the facilities by the client organization. Developing and constantly updating forecasts of meeting room occupancy and utilization, providing information upon which key budget and staffing decisions are made for various members of the staff. Such forecasts are made at different intervals along with adhoc requests. Monitoring and ensuring the accuracy of ancillary charges incurred by Conference Services. Developing action plans and surveys to improve services and customer satisfaction from a conference planning perspective. Resolving booking challenges relating to space, timing, seniority issues, etc. Creating and updating standard operating procedures for the Conference Center operation and day to day requests through Conference Services. Maintaining positive client relationships and ensuring a timely response by Conference Coordinators to all inquiries for space and/or service needs.
Provide support and direction to the Conference Services and Audio-Visual staff with regards to events held in CareFirst Conference Centers and other on-site large meeting
Coaches, counsels and motivates associates to increase quality, accountability, and overall customer satisfaction. Provides general direction; determines work priorities; participates in recruitment, training, and development of staff. Oversees the training of new Conference Services staff in departmental procedures; providing adequate training guides and materials to support training efforts. Completes associate performance plans, annual assessments, and monitors staff overall performance against established goals. Scheduling the Conference Coordinators and Audio-Visual Technicians on a weekly basis, so as to best meet the needs of the business. Coordinating vacations and personal time off, and adequate facility coverage for all conference services staff. Collaborate with staff to provide annual performance agreements to team members. Provide quarterly performance progress reports/updates with team members. Complete annual performance assessments. Hold regular team meetings as a forum to motivate staff as well as disseminate information in a uniform and timely manner. Works with each associate to provide growth opportunities, development, and support to assist associate in achieving individual development goals. Provide outstanding customer service to set example for staff.
Establish client relationships with Conference Center, conference room and flex space users to ensure that customer goals are being met and that satisfaction levels are exceeded. Establish relationships with Facilities management, property management, and event vendors (i.e. caterers, furniture rentals, recording teams) to ensure smooth operations in event execution. Meet routinely with key customers and understand their needs and service requirements. Act promptly to resolve any issues identified through working with key contacts as well as any stakeholders. Train and advise CareFirst departments regarding EMS usage for room scheduling and services available through Conference Services. Measure customer satisfaction at least annually through a survey process and report survey results to management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has 6 direct reports in addition to matrix reporting for vendor technology staff for onsite support services. In addition, the incumbent will provide supervisory oversight of various vendor on-site contractors performing work for CareFirst.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in hospitality or relevant discipline or equivalent training/experience
• 7 years events management experience with 5 years of progressive leadership managing events teams including event coordinators and audio-visual technicians
• Competency in Miro-Soft office suite software and events management software applications is essential
• Demonstrated awareness of customer service and measures to increasing customer satisfaction levels.
• Demonstrated leadership skills that result in consistent departmental goal attainment while maintaining positive associate relations.
• Strong computer skills and intermediate/advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite of products applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to carry out responsibilities with little supervision, as well as juggle many tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication and presentation skills to interface with all levels of associates from clerical staff to the CEO and Board of Directors. Extensive customer service background is a must.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and coordination skills; must be able to apply complex problem-solving abilities to achieve problem and process solutions as well as bring about resolution through creative and imaginative thinking; and must have the ability to exercise sound, independent judgment.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively utilize resources in the best interest of the organization.
• Ability to drive continuous service excellence through improvement to products, systems, reporting and processes.
• Flexibility to work early mornings and late evenings; and the ability to work under time constraints; adapt to shifting priorities
• Travel between all CareFirst locations for event/meeting coordination and/or support is required.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Corporate Services Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 03/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Frequent walking or standing is required for long periods of time. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The incumbent must be able to visibly inspect operations, equipment, and sites as well as talk and hear. Weights of up to 40 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship