Resp & Qualifications
Provide oversight of a small group of resources in the design, develop, test, debug, document, and support all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.Performs complex analyses of technical requirements. Takes leadership on design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.).Proactively determine solutions and ensure all milestones are met. Escalate to executive management as needed.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the guidance of the Manager the incumbent is responsible for, but are not limited to, the following:
Software Design, Development
- Leads in designing and defining core reusable assets that support the long-term business strategy for development efforts.
- Leads in design and solution reviews to ensure adherence to performance guidelines & business requirements.
- Ensure all project teams code is to CareFirst specifications and ensure proper unit testing is done for all code.
- Look for standardization and reuse opportunities, abstractions and patterns across classes and components to streamline design and development of BI solutions.
- With knowledge of the organization's infrastructure, hardware, systems software and protocols, act as a consultative resource for strategy, system design, development and/or modifications of software/procedures to solve business solutions across multiple heterogeneous platforms.
- Drives the solution design and solution review to ensure the technical architecture design meets the technical objectives, business requirements, and standards.
- Ensures applications are designed for optimum performance and provide suggestions for ways to restructure designs to achieve optimal performance.
- Drives the design, develop, test and implementation of maintainable program logic for existing and new application in accordance with the technical specifications.
Software Integration Testing
- Assists in software development and enterprise integration testing, system (end to end) testing, and problem resolution related to business applications and/or related middleware components.
- Verifies that the Business Requirements as defined in the Project Requirements Document are tested end to end throughout the D&I systems (ODS / EDM / SBI / CBI) .
- Ensures planning phases include non functional requirements for error handling, service level agreements, capacity planning, and that proper test cases are created.
- Utilizes HP Application Life Cycle Management toolset (ALM) to record all defects that are discovered during testing and corrected before the final closure of the project.
- Coordinate with the enterprise auditing teams as well as external audit requests. This includes tracking all D&I review for the fiscal year and participate in all audits with proper D&I project teams: TOS Audit Coordination, CareFirst Corporate Audit Services, and Financial Accounting
- Ensures all action items are performed by the appropriate D&I team and expectations are met for corporate audit.
- Presenst D&I Executive Management Corporate Audit report findings and responses as well as track all time spent on audits by D&I resources.
- Performs test data management activities including working with the business to obtain a sufficient test data set, coordinate with operations teams for access by all project / D&I staff to environments / storage of test data sets to perform multiple test cycles, and work with enterprise testing for validation of data that is required outside of D&I.
- Ensures all projects comply with Audit, Balance, and Control Framework Standard. This requires the ABC team to work with the project teams to define the ETL audit statistics to be captured in the Audit database.
- Conducts system integration testing according to all baselined project requirements.
- Holds CI Defect Review Board Meetings to discuss all issues found in requirement validation cycles.
- Presents Defect summary report to project teams and executive management.
- Conduct validation cycle hand off to Business End-User / DGS to facilitate UAT phase
- Ensures proper hand off to D&I Data Governance for UAT and Day to Day production support for project closure. There should be no outstanding severity 1 or 2 tickets prior to deployment.
- Works with legal to ensure all new Business Associate Agreements with vendors have a “New” template that includes a Data Use Agreements section. Obtain a separate sign off on that DUA section of the BAA.
- Tracks all BAAs for all vendors, consultants, brokers and accounts at CareFirst and present results quarterly to executive management.
Day to Day Support
- Monitors D&I workflows and ensure all jobs complete successfully in the production and test environments and that data is available for all dependent downstream jobs and consumers.
- Monitors Tibco Business Works D&I applications and queues in the production and test environments and ensure that data is available for all dependent downstream jobs and consumers.
- Monitors all file feeds that come into D&I and work with the vendors to handle any file issues such as late files, zero byte files, corrupt files, etc.
- Responds to any major system failures or outages and work with the appropriate support groups (Unix, Network, Informatica, Tibco, Facets, etc.) to return all systems to steady state processing.
- Addresses Magic tickets (OneStop as of 8/2) for issues reported by end users and the Help Desk.
- Maintains current support contact information for each job. This is currently stored in the Magic database for each JCL job as well as in the team’s Application Support List (see Key Documentation).
- Presents to Executive Management Quarterly ticket counts, defect trends, and areas for improvement.
- Completes analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of bug fixes as issues are identified.
- Coordinates and review defect fixes with the Data Governance Team and downstream consumers. By Q2 2016, the team will include taking over management of the D&I defect process.
- Identifies recurring causes for defects and work with the Development and ABC Teams to address these during the development and validation process.
- Assists end-users with the intake process for an SVET when changes are requested in a production code and there is not an associated Corporate Initiative.
- Works with DGS and business users to define requirements for the change requested.
- Completes analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment per the specifications of a project.
- Works closely with the project teams as new projects and point releases are deployed to ensure adherence to published standards.
- Ensure proper deployment procedures are being followed in the production environment and drive the production handover process with the Development Team. This includes the creation of a Production Support document and completed Deployment Checklist.
- Ensures sufficient knowledge of any transitioned application has been gained in order to effectively support it.
- Coordinates all production support handoffs with the CI Project team and the D&I Audit, Balance, and Control team to ensure all Severity 1 and 2 defects are closed.
- Maintains proper documentation for the changes going into Production. These should be included in the Production Support document.
- Ensures that all jobs are scheduled utilizing job control language (JCL) and that Z/os Mainframe (ZMF) packages are created per deployment procedures for each application.
- Develops and maintains Disaster Recovery plans for all supported D&I platforms.
- Participate in the yearly Disaster Recovery exercise and run any needed test cases to demonstrate the effectiveness of our Disaster Recovery plans and processes.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Acturial Science, Information Systems, or other related IT field or equivalent work experience plus;
- 3-5 years of experience with database management systems, ETL systems, business intelligence tools, defect management, and testing.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise leading specific work or resources on a team to deliver results.
- Hands on experience in numerous technologies with skills ranging with one or more of the following:
Logical and physical data model design; technical documentation; full-cycle system development, test case creation, audit balance and control metrics, relational and dimensional database systems;Web-enabling applications; Java technologies (EJB, JSP, servlet), J2EE Web Service Development, Unix development, SQL Development (PL/SQL or T-SQL), Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS or SAS or MicroStrategy or Pryamid Analytics, OLAP Dimensional development, Data Warehousing, Master Data Management (MDM), Customer Data Integration (CDI), IBM Initiate, Oracle, Informatica (9.5.1 or higher) PowerExchange, Informatica Power Center, Tibco, C#, .NET.
- Some Healthcare experience
- Familiarity with new technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the department, new business strategies and corporate initiatives
- Some knowledge of Big Data Technologies.
Department: Data Integration Architect
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship