Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Technical Leader responsible to provide design recommendations for moderately complex business problems that are in line with established and emerging technology standards, patterns, and best practices . Primary accountability for architecture work takes place during the lifecycle for Corporate Initiative projects, from planning to implementation. Provides high-level design recommendations that are reviewed and approved by Solution Architect III for implementation into technical projects. Provides technical oversight to IT project teams in order to deliver key solutions to business problems . Clearly documents solution components that are to be built and identifies key technology decisions that need to be driven early in the project lifecycle . Candidate is also responsible for reviewing the quality of the components that are purchased, built, or modified with focus on integration and performance. Engagement of technical experts across multiple technologies to pro-actively provide robust implementation. Verify that configuration of hardware, service orchestration, data retrieval and software layers are appropriate and are scaled for the required performance. Should be strong in both SOA principles as well as B2B integration patterns (batch, real-time, and asynchronous). Candidate should have experience with business rules engines as well as Enterprise Service Bus technologies, relational database, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) technologies, and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) standard transactions used for health insurance.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Architecture Manager, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Accountable for the creation of Solution Architecture Package (SAP-2), which links the high-level architecture, business requirements, and technology standards into a cohesive solution. Has an expert knowledge of integration solutions and communicates with business owners, other Solution Architects, technical delivery staff, and key technical stakeholders, including Security, Data, and Technology Centers of Excellence Collaborates with peer Solution Architects to ensure that the proposed solution is consistent with other designs and appropriately leverages synergies across efforts.
2. Leads moderately complex projects/issues that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Integrates existing infrastructure with new applications by recommending the technology that provides the best solution for business needs. Responsible for design of applications based on business need and integration..
3. Partners with the project manager, technical delivery manager, requirements manager, and business leadership in the definition of the Solution Architecture Package documents
4. Reviews Solution Architecture Package deliverables at the Solution Review Board. Participates as a member in peer reviews of SAP deliverables as a member of the Solution Review Board.
5. Maintains knowledge of and apply industry best practices for architecture, participates in cross-functional component architecture teams, and develops future architecture and technology migration plans. Evaluates and selects from existing and emerging technologies the options best fitting business and IT strategic needs.
Required: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field or equivalent work experience. 5-7 years of experience in multiple IT areas and 2-3 years of relevant architecture experience. Broad experience in project management execution of multiple enterprise level, mid-sized projects; experience in participating in multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups and demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and moderately complex business problems. Broad experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems. Prior specific experience in developing technical architectures. Broad knowledge of information systems, spanning at least two to four component architectures. Experienced in translating business strategies, across several business units, into effective solutions. Excellent knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle. Good understanding of design patterns and their application at all levels (conceptual, logical and physical). Experience in 2 or more of the following: UML, SOA (including EA1 and B2B), Security, Data/Infomatics, business Rule Engines/workflow.
Abilities/Skills: The incumbent would have the ability to identify and resolve moderately complex situations in a responsive manner, and take corrective action to eliminate re-occurrence. Demonstrated ability of understanding both long-term and short-term ‘big-picture’ perspectives. Understanding of the business architecture, processes and strategies. Strategic thinking and leadership with excellent abilities in relationship management. Excellent analytical, planning, and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with others and facilitate problem resolution. Ability to anticipate future IT direction to support Corporate Initiatives. Good understanding of Enterprise Architectural process and practices.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms (in the health care industry). Experience with intranet development and implementation is a plus.
Department: SBP HW&SW at CDC
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/4/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship