Resp & Qualifications
The Business Change Management Lead Consultant leads, develops and delivers change management strategic work across lines of business, portfolios, programs and projects within the FEPOC enterprise. Partners with program leadership and project implementation teams to achieve business goals through successful engagement of internal and external stakeholders, including 35 Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans (BCBS) and the FEP Directors Office, to facilitate adoption of technical solutions and organizational change. Serving as a leadership advisor on a program, initiative or complex transformational project, the BCM Consultant will craft effective strategies and be responsible for leading and delivering change management work, including stakeholder management, sponsorship and communications plans, training assessments, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments, change leadership, and cultural alignment. Requires excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, the ability to lead, a command of organizational change management principles, and an ability to work with a wide variety and level of staff proficiency as the change is implemented. Excellent communication and people skills are vital. Mentors, advises, coaches and directs work of BCM analysts on tactical delivery and execution of change work. Can work independently and under the direction of the BCM Manager on complex, highly visible, cross-functional projects.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager, Business Change Management, the incumbent is responsible for, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Business Focus
- Ability to create and deliver executive-level communication content to drive sponsorship, understanding of business intent and change impacts, drive adoption and mitigate resistance.
- Responsible for stakeholder assessment and management, including supporting and engaging senior leaders, Plan Champions and Transition Leads at the Plans.
- Supports the development of change management skills throughout the organization; provides mentoring and guidance on change management best practices.
- Performs work according to defined BCM best practices and methodology and established FEPOC processes, procedures and guidelines.
2. Program and Project Focus
- Partners with program leadership and project implementation teams to achieve business goals through successful engagement of internal and external stakeholders, including 35 Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans (BCBS) and the FEP Directors Office, to facilitate adoption of technical solutions and organizational change.
- Assesses change management needs of internal and external stakeholders for assigned projects, working with program and project teams to roll out changes to stakeholders in a structured way with regard to the transition from one technology or business process to another.
- Identifies and drives organization change requirements, including completion of change management and Plan impact assessments
- Crafts effective strategies and is responsible for leading and delivering change management work, including stakeholder management, sponsorship and communications plans, training, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments, change leadership, and cultural alignment.
- Responsible for reporting on project(s) change management activities to the project and program leadership, including critical success factors.
- Ensures that all defined change management deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Evaluates and ensures user readiness and manages anticipated resistance.
- Collaborates with program and project sponsors and the project teams to ensure business success.
- Ability to advise, counsel and coach leadership and front line managers on active and visible sponsorship, and help drive understanding of sponsorship importance to effect change.
- Influence and advise executives on organizational change and organizational effectiveness issues.
- Create and nurture trusted advisor relationship with leaders.
- Work independently and under direction of the BCM Manager on complex, highly visible, cross-functional projects
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized change management presentations to executive, leaders, Plans, program and project teams.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion and supports risk mitigation efforts
- Through guiding and mentoring of others, supports the growth of change management skills, develops knowledge and change management learnings on BCM topics throughout the organization
- Introduces relevant change management best practices to the organization.
4. Managing Resources
- Review BCM analysis and work products/deliverables. Ensure deliverables are robust, meet program and project needs and are delivered against deadlines.
- Supports the development of change management skills across the organization; provides mentoring and guidance on the application of change management best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Organization Behavior, Communications or equivalent experience
- 8+ years professional business/organizational experience; 5 or more years of OCM experience
- Advanced knowledge of organizational change management methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques applied in an IT environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Waterfall and Agile software development approaches and applying change management best practices with these IT development methodologies.
Skills and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrated ability in planning and affecting successful change though communication, inspiring desire to actively participate and support change, creation of common understanding and knowledge of change, identification and plan for change and reinforcement to enable sustained change.
- Ability to build trusted relationships and influence decision making.
- Ability to supervise and mentor BCM analysts and consultants.
- Excellent communications and people skills.
- Strong team and customer orientation with the ability to articulate change, project and business intent to a variety of stakeholders.
- Organized, works independently and self-starter. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Can provide excellent support to business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Master’s Degree in Business or Organizational Behavior
- Healthcare experience, IT-driven change experience
- PROSCI certified
- PMP, OCM consulting and/or 5 years of internal OCM experience
- Executive Coaching Certificate ICF
Department:Business Change and Communication
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/10/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship