Resp & Qualifications
The Project Operations Analyst will analyze and assess current state business processes, identify and propose improvements, diagnose operating systems gaps and issues, and lead the implementation of new business operating processes.The Analyst will elicit, analyze, document, validate, specify, verify, and manage the requirements and the needs of business area(s) or user(s) and translating these requirements into functional and/or technical specifications. These specifications will be included in both DTD, SOWs and/or Corporate Initiatives.In addition the Analyst will perform database and statistical analysis at a detailed level in support of problem-solving and efficiency improvements in operating processes. The position acts as PM lead for DTD projects that implement assigned operating improvements and changes.
Under the general supervision of the Project Director or Program Manager, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. PROJECT SUPPORT:
- Reviews, edits, analyzes and creates detailed current state and future state documentation of business operations impacted by Day-to-Day DTD, SOWs and/or Corporate Initiative (CI) projects. Independently participates in project activities within the software development life cycle, with focus on defining the underlying business needs, documenting those needs, validating conceptual operating and process designs.
- Assists in creating project PRD (Project Requirements Document) for DTD and CI projects that address complex enhancements, automations and implementations. Produces Operating Risk Traceability Matrix focused on risks and impacts to processes and uses it to track and report on the alignment of project deliverables with business process requirements.
2. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT:
- Analyzes, defines and interprets business needs and issues across the entire SBU, affecting multiple systems and departments, by gathering, analyzing, documenting and validating current-state operating processes.
- Investigates process issues, identifies causes of problems, and assists appropriate SBU team to solve and correct problems.
- Maintains communications with business counterparts (other BAs, PMs and SMEs in the SBU) to share cross-functional issues and to support issue identification and resolution.
- Explores alternative process and business operations solutions.
- Acts as liaison to business/IT/Vendors to explain choices and implications, working closely with business and system analysts to propose alternative processes and solutions that create, maintain and enhance business value.
- Proposes solutions that solve complex business or processing issues by improving controls, reporting, and tracking or by automating or simplifying activities where possible.
3. MANAGEMENT LEVEL RESEARCH:
- Provides written reports, management presentations, and technical analyses on assigned research topics, independently seeking out and utilizing internal and external financial, marketplace, and regulatory information in order to complete assignments.
- Publishes material in good form, suitable for intended audiences, which can be staff or management levels.
4. DTD PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Uses standard project management techniques in delivery of assigned DTD projects.
- Establishes roles and responsibilities, monitor projects’ status and issues.
- Ensure deliverables are of high quality, effectiveness and timeliness. Creates, develops and maintains project schedules for key deliverables by developing project plan, monitoring milestone completion and coordinating project progress.
- Develops and maintains a consolidated dashboard for all SBU projects that shows their deliverables, timelines, budget and quality scores. Proactively identifies issues for escalation and tracks mitigation of high-impact threat to operations and budgets. Tracks and manages open issues and plans for their resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or equivalent experience PLUS 1-3 years’ experience in supporting project management teams in analysis and administering project management oversight.
- Demonstrated experience acting as administrator with primary oversight of SharePoint site management
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyze processes, workflows and business documentation
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, possess strong presentation and analytical skills and a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Change management skills – able to manage comprehensive change initiatives across all core components: people, process, and technology.
- Strong ability to work independently and effectively manage their time
- Excellent documentation and verbal communications skills
- Must be goal oriented team player
- Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Viso)
- Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting.
- SharePoint design skills
- Knowledge of the CareFirst/FEPOC Defined Processes.\
- Experience with Requirements Management tools.
- Experience with healthcare insurance industry, especially BCBS plans.
Department: FEP Informatics Product Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/13/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship