Resp & Qualifications
Responsible for the detail technical design, development and implementation of FEPOC systems cross the multiple platforms. This includes the development of Java/J2EE, COBOL, and other integration applications by leveraging the state-of-art technology, as well as reengineering the existing systems within FEPOC to meet the new business needs. .
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the FEP System Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Performs technical detail design, coding and testing on complicated revisions to FEPOC applications, and creates efficient and maintainable new applications.
2. Confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner. Provides the technical input to functional design and translates the functional design to detail technical design.
3. Provides technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation. Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues. Analyzes, designs, and documents information to create the applicable statement of work and the associated deliverables.
4. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives. Participates in the development of test strategies, devices and systems.
5. Develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, research and industry practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position provides technical guidance to less experienced staff for any and all modifications to any current sites and recommends initiatives for new development. Acts as a mentor for the development of less experienced staff.
Department: Consumer Tool
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/13/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship