Resp & Qualifications
In its 82nd year of service, CareFirst, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is a not-for-profit health care company which, through its affiliates and subsidiaries, offers a comprehensive portfolio of health insurance products to our members in DC, VA, and MD areas. The Federal Employee Program Operations Center, a division CareFirst, under Government programs supports the enrollment processing and claims adjudication of 5.4M federal employees.
Providing accessible and affordable healthcare to members is our mission. Customer First, Integrity and Excellence are our values.
The Lead MicroStrategy Administrator functions include but are not limited to
- Build and maintain BI infrastructure roadmaps to support current and future state BI processing requirements.
- Identifies and drives optimization changes in the application design & production environments to improve customer experience for business critical BI applications
- Performs various advanced Performance Engineering duties, Availability and Capacity Management, Enterprise Events Management, Problem Management and Vendor Management
- Design and maintain complex security solutions that comply with CareFirst and Mandated government regulations.
- Leading a team of performance and capacity specialists supporting Business Intelligence infrastructure and is responsible for monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions for performance solutions.
Under the general guidance of the Manager of Technology Platforms Administration under Infrastructure and Operations department and direct supervision of the Supervisor the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following::
1. Code Deployments and Project life cycle support
- Develop mechanisms and automation for deploying MicroStrategy projects and configuration changes across the various environments
- Manage repository metadata for the physical, business model mapping and presentation layers
2. Installation and Configuration
- Install, configure, deploy, automate, monitor, and optimize the performance of a MicroStrategy 9.x/10.x application in Linux and Windows platforms.
- Develop, implement, and test disaster recovery strategy and mechanisms for MicroStrategy architecture.
- Performance Tune Intelligent Server, and Web Server for best results.
- Submit and manage issues and enhancement cases with MicroStrategy for administration/environment related items.
3. Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Lead a team of performance and capacity specialists supporting the Business Intelligence environment and be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise applications
- Identify and drive optimization changes in the application design & production environments to improve customer experience for mission/business critical IT applications
- Make recommendations to further establish IT system performance guidelines and grow the System Performance team.
4. BI Security & Compliance
- Lead the design and maintain complex security solutions that comply with CareFirst policies and mandated government regulations.
- Provide leadership and oversight on complex corporate projects to ensure CareFirst security policies are adhered to.
- Lead the BI effort to support corporate audit and develop automated security audit functionality.
- Assist Network and Server teams with necessary logs when needed for troubleshooting issues.
5. Training, Research & Development
- Perform as a team leader for specific projects
- Mentor less experienced BI engineers in the successful design and modeling of business solutions by providing technical guidance
- Develop business/technical knowledge appropriate to team through reading, research, Computer Based Training (CBT) classroom training, etc.
- Advances own understanding of industry and CareFirst best practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related IT field or a certification from technical school or equivalent directly related work experience
- 5+ years of Microstrategy Administration in installation, configuration, upgrading of software (server/client) components in enterprise network environments.
- 4+ years of Disaster recovery strategy and mechanisms for MicroStrategy architecture.
- 2+ years of Narrowcast Server installation, configuration, upgrade and troubleshooting.
- 4+ years of Capacity planning and management
- In-depth technical understanding of systems infrastructure equipment such as servers and storage systems, software including server operating systems, server virtualization platforms and disaster recovery tools.
- Ability to reason logically and creatively; to learn and utilize new technologies; to clearly communicate ideas and recommendations; and, to write clear, and concise reports.
- Demonstrated experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence concepts and maintenance utilizing Big Data and DB2 databases on UNIX and Linux platforms
- Experience in IT operations – application, infrastructure, network, data center
- Solid understanding of networking and architectural frameworks and methodologies
- IT Healthcare
- MicroStrategy BI Certification
Department: Healthcare Analytics
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5/26/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship