Resp & Qualifications
The Digital Product Owner reports to the Sr Director Customer Insights and Experience. Your primary purpose is to define and lead strategic enhancements and create functionality for our digital properties and experiences. The role is a mixture of customer obsession, agile best practices and technology expertise, balanced with delivery and execution. To do this, you will partner throughout the organization including directly interfacing with software development, architecture, CX, UX, and business experts to represent the voice of the customer. You will be responsible for defining, documenting and articulating requirements to the delivery team. The Digital Product Owner is responsible for translating the overall business vision into a cohesive digital product strategy and for articulating the tactics for specific journeys and/or product(s). You will need to leverage customer research and conduct continuous in-market testing, with focus on speed to market and rapid scaling, where appropriate, to continually shape the Company’s digital product evolution. To succeed in this role, your portfolio of digital product initiatives should demonstrate a proven ability to drive tangible business results while keeping the customer first. You must also have experience leading matrixed teams of associates, consultants, and contractors to support priorities and align resources while removing roadblocks.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of Marketing Leadership the incumbent is responsible for, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties And Responsibilities
Strategy and Prioritization
Evaluate Digital Product Performance
Design of Processes
· Bachelors’ degree in relevant field (e.g. business, computer science) or equivalent years of professional experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in business, technology, consulting, or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading matrixed product management teams utilizing Agile development methodologies.
· Proven business expertise with ability to set clear priorities across a digital product portfolio and drive business value.
· Demonstrated depth of digital product knowledge and ability to influence business strategy.
· Possesses strong communication and influence skills within reporting line as well as with IT and business peers.
· Excellent collaboration skills - leading execution across teams, influencing across organizations, respected, experience of working across levels from developers and designers.
· Demonstrates passion for improving customer outcomes and experiences.
· Embraces change and “outside of the box” ideas—does not feel attachment to the status quo.
· Encourages non-hierarchical culture.
· MBA or Master’s degree preferred
· 5-10 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products and strategy
· 3+ years of experience in people management
Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to achieve success in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
· Proven track record of meeting established deadlines while handling multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
· Expert communicator who provides positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Customer Experience/Product Services
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 06/30/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship