This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
This position is responsible for representing CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield in prospecting, evaluating, planning and negotiating with clients and brokers using consultative selling skills in order to aggressively grow new business and market share and improve the profitability of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures market share growth by aggressively seeking and obtaining new business through the development and implementation of sales strategies specifically designed for each new account to increase market penetration and ensure retention of the account or sale of new products and/or new accounts.
2. Establishes and maintains deep relationships at multiple levels with clients and/or the broker community through the use of consultative selling skills
and the analysis of account needs and service requirements.
3. Recommends strategies and partners with underwriting to design and implement alternative funding arrangements which are necessary in order to gain exclusivity in an account.
4. Coordinates and collaborates with the account and the appropriate sales staff in the delivery of formal presentations to employer/employee in both group and individual settings to explain contract benefits.
5. Coordinates, develops and ensures response(s) to RFP’s for all new business.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 1-3 years of direct sales experience with an emphasis on strategic consultative selling skills required. The qualified applicant will possess proven prospecting sales skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills. The applicant must have a thorough understanding of underwriting structures, financial mechanisms, managed care delivery systems, and health insurance products and networks. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of systems, pricing methodologies, cost reimbursement mechanisms and proposal development. Additionally, the incumbent must have knowledge of the marketplace and competitors doing business in Maryland to be successful in this position. The incumbent must possess the ability to develop and analyze competitive sales information, develop effective strategic sales strategies and be able to demonstrate good instincts and solid business judgements. Additional requirements are excellent negotiation skills, analytical skills, creative thinking, problem solving skills, effective organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills. Personal computer skills are mandatory.
Department: Mid Large New Business- MD
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/04/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship