Resp & Qualifications
The FEP Principal Requirements Analyst is responsible for providing consultation and direction to FEPOC information technology business solutions to drive efficiency, flexibility and scalability. This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate collaboration between FEPOC’s internal IT functions such as the development, infrastructure, security, and business relationships teams, as well as external customer services.
- Provide major input into the full software development lifecycle.
- Provide oversight to the requirements management team by utilizing, strong project management skills with a strong technical requirements methodology background.
- Drive business process, function and organization design, working collaboratively with business strategists and process owners as a subject matter expert.
- Coordinate with and provide input to other FEPOC departments and external entities, such as vendors, consultants, auditors, other BCBS Plans, BCBSA, the FEP Director’s Office, and government agencies such as the Office of Personnel Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The FEP Principal Requirements Analyst duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those identified in the following table:
1. Task Management
- Provides resource estimates for budget, project management and resource allocation purposes
- Provide oversight to the requirements component of FEPOCs SDLC by ensuring the current processes and artifacts are utilized appropriately.
- Ensure changes to processes are communicated effectively and that new ideas are re-introduced into the requirements process
- Analyzes complex business requirements and processes; constructs conceptual data and process models, including requirements repositories and volume estimates to communicate requirements
- Coordinates business analyst tasks on information technology projects and provide project team member guidance/support throughout the project life cycle. Provides work guidance and mentoring to less experienced personnel.
- Provides time estimates for project related tasks.
- Provides input to BARD management on performance reviews, hiring and firing of Requirements Analysts team.
2. Strategy and Development
- Participates in strategic development discussion to help align internal and external customer interaction
- Creates detailed project plans for complex multi-year initiatives that support FEPOCs business solution roadmaps
- Reviews and provides feedback on large-scale technical and business decisions and develops standards utilizing superior technical and analytical skills; excellent business knowledge, knowledge of current and future technology roadmaps.
- Is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for multiple critical system processes and components
- Oversees, plans and designs highly complex business processes and makes recommendations in order to improve and support business activities.
3. Elicitation/Specification/Validation/Requirements Traceability:
- Provides oversight in the requirements discovery to document the needs of customers and potential stakeholders.
- Provides guidance to requirements management team in working closely with internal and external customers to ensure the root requirements are discovered.
- Partners with business users to understand strategic goals as the subject matter expert to the customers’ needs as well as the systems functionalities.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Requirements Analyst to establish and follow industry standard requirements elicitation such as Joint Application Development (JAD), interviews, prototyping, and user observation.
- Provide guidance to Lead Requirements Analyst in leading the development of complete, unambiguous description of the solution using use cases, requirements, and business rules that is both verifiable and traceable.
- Oversees the communication with development and testing experts using highly complex and technical language.
- Provides guidance and oversight in the development and management of the requirements traceability such as tracing across the SDLC to ensure that each succinct requirement is met at each step of the lifecycle. Additionally, traces up and down through the parent-child relationship within the requirements.
- Provides guidance in using tools such as Rational Composer or Caliber to store requirements.
- Oversees the creation and documentation and maintenance of editorial quality for:
- Complex Business system requirements, Use cases, Business work papers, and Functional specification that are shared with a broad internal and external audience.
- Develops detailed plans with customizable software product package.
- Continues to knowledge and skills of existing and new business processes, quality assurance, and system development methodologies.
- Expands knowledge of healthcare terminology and industry changes such as ICD-10, healthcare, and SDLC processing
Leads a Requirements Management team using a matrix management system, and provides input on performance reviews and hiring and firing.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with 8-10 years of requirements management and requirements engineering, OR total equivalent related technical experience, PLUS 2-4 years’ experience leading a team of task matrix resources or equivalent experience managing IT projects.
- Successful track record of Project Management within a cross functional environment.
- Knowledge of FEP organization, operations and business systems.
- Proven expert skill level practicing, implementing and leading projects using techniques including
- State charts, Process modeling tools such as Provision or System Architect, Decision tree analysis, and Data flow diagrams.
- Prior extensive experience leading impact and gap analysis of systems and business process workflows as well as using various types of models and straw man prototypes.
- Prior expert knowledge of requirements traceability matrix using software development lifecycle
- Previous experience with a requirements tool or methodology such as Joint Application Development (JAD)
- Root cause analysis experience, Proven experience accurately estimating resource and cost requirements
- Prior Health insurance industry exposure; specific experience with successful large-scale.
- Considerable experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the company’s business practices and direction, business principles, and business processes, plus familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Exceptional program management skills and project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Must possess the qualities, skills, business acumen, experience, and discipline to ensure business and systems architecture alignment.
- Strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management objectives.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet the objective.
- Ability to interface across several channels, acting as a visionary, to assist, proactively in developing project direction.
- Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain business success.
- Possess the technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems and have a broad understanding of the business as well as existing platforms, applications, data and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft® Office®
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple technologies such as web, mainframe, distributed systems, and so on, to support multiple internal and external stakeholders who use those technologies.
- Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Considerable experience in human resource management skills, staff development.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Masters in Computer Science or Business Administration or related field.
Department: Benefit Admin
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/1/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship