Resp & Qualifications
The selected candidate will lead and contribute to the development of enterprise and domain-level business architectures; engage a wide range of business and technical stakeholders to develop, maintain, and utilize the business architecture to support strategy definition, investment planning, and strategy-to-execution activities; and contribute to the definition, refinement, and continual improvement of the business architecture practice, (including methods, tools and capacity building) to ensure maximum impact and alignment with strategic planning, enterprise and solution architecture, and business analysis activities.
Business Architecture Development
- Lead and contribute to definition of enterprise and domain-level business architectures.
- Develop, refine, manage and review core architecture products, including: Value Streams, Capability Models, Information Concept Models and Ecosystem Models.
- Develop, refine, manage and review extended architecture products, including: Policy, Stakeholder, Strategy and Initiative Maps.
- Perform diagnostics (assessment) of Value Streams and Business Capabilities; document, score and prioritize gaps and opportunities, as well as health and maturity of associated enablers (people, process and technology).
- Analyze, design, and support development of roadmaps and implementation plans based upon a current vs. future state.
- Support review and quality control of business architecture products across multiple engagements.
Business Architecture Consulting
- Consult with project teams on the utilization and extension of the business architecture.
- Consult with enterprise architecture to ensure integration between business architecture and information, application and technical architecture products.
- Ensure project, portfolio and product team understanding of business architecture framework, including value proposition and touchpoints with project, portfolio and product artifacts.
- Consult with leadership team on use of business architecture in formulating strategic objectives and in defining, scoping and prioritizing transformation initiatives.
- Participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, business cases and roadmaps.
- Contribute to technology evaluation and selection. Lead business case development for major strategic decisions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including BCBSA and the Plans.
- Communicate relevant architecture decisions and share implications of business architecture work.
Architecture Repository Management
- Provide oversight of the business architecture repository – including modeling tool/repository and content management repository – to ensure that products are current, well-organized and accessible by stakeholders.
- Provide input to and quality review for the development and maintenance of business architecture repository management plan and procedures.
Business Architecture Practice Development
- Lead development of key sections of the business architecture methodology guide.
- Contribute to business architecture communications material for stakeholder and organization understanding / education.
- Support collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative measures and preparation of business architecture performance reports.
- Assess business architecture performance reports and recommend improvements to address gaps and exploit opportunities.
- Engage with other disciplines (i.e. architecture, analysis, design, change, strategy) to increase overall effectiveness and efficiency of business architecture in the FEPOC ecosystem.
- Develop functional skills and business domain knowledge sharing among the business architecture team.
- Seek opportunities to demonstrate the value of business architecture with internal and external clients and mature the business architecture practice.
Business Architecture Operations
- Provide timely and meaningful status to business architecture and project / engagement team leadership.
- Provide timely and accurate input to and support management of the business architecture workplan and schedule.
- Support development and review of business architecture operations reports (i.e. status, metrics, workplan, etc.).
- Assess impacts of requests for new business architecture engagements taking into consideration team bandwidth/capacity, business priorities and other relevant factors.
- Participate in the EA and business architecture governance process.
- Review exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards and methods.
- Provide input and recommendations regarding the performance of the business architecture governance process.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in in Technology Management, Information Systems, Business or healthcare related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in business / enterprise architecture, strategy-to-execution, or enterprise transformation / modernization programs.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Technology Management, Information Systems, Business or healthcare related field.
- Preferred: Experience working within healthcare insurance business and knowledge of payer core administrative systems.
- Preferred: Consulting firm experience.
- Expertise / experience applying business architecture as prescribed by the Business Architecture Book of Knowledge (BIZBOK).
- Working knowledge of one or more business, process, and/or enterprise architecture modeling tools.
- Preferred: Certification through the Business Architecture Guild – Certified Business Architect (CBA).
- Effective organizational, interpersonal/relationship management, and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including business storytelling and deck writing.
- Ability to collaborate with business and technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, forward-thinking.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving.
- Ability to engage oneself and others in continuous learning.
Department: Business Architects
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/27/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship