Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Under the direction of a Manager/Director this position will lead and conduct proposal planning and preparation, create project schedules for each procurement, contract drafting and negotiation for goods and services (primarily technology) to ensure stakeholder requirements are satisfied. This position leads the end-to-end sourcing process: from requirements development to RFx development, supplier selection, supplier negotiations, and contract drafting, all in accordance with Corporate Purchasing Policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads Stakeholder Engagement and Sourcing Initiatives:
- Responsible for developing category strategies to address long term business requirements (not just the immediate transactional needs).
- Responsible for working with business stakeholders to frame and develop project objectives, requirements, and sourcing strategy prior to supplier engagement.
- Responsible for managing a number of sourcing requests with relevant stakeholders in order to create project schedules appropriate for each type of procurement.
- Responsible for proactively working with stakeholders from multiple teams and lines of business (business, contracts, legal, technical, architecture, procurement, finance, etc.) to establish delivery expectations for executive management that are supported by project schedules.
- Responsible for proactively working with stakeholders from multiple teams and lines of business (business, contracts, legal, technical, architecture, procurement, finance, etc.) to remove obstacles and address dependencies and constraints throughout each source initiatives.
Drafts and leads the applicable sourcing process through scoring and completion (e.g. RFx, sole source, etc.).
- Acts as primary contact with potential suppliers during the RFx, selection, and negotiation process.
- Leads supplier negotiations throughout RFx and contracting process to achieve optimal savings, value, and risk profile.
Negotiate and Draft Contract Documentation:
- Implements the sourcing strategy and negotiation and redlining process with the supplier to draft contracts that accurately capture business, technical, and legal requirements (including contractual and purchase order documentation).
- Acts as liaison with business owner and supplier during negotiations.
- Works closely with legal and risk groups to ensure consistent communication and socialization of significant legal and risk issues throughout the negotiation process.
- Interacts routinely with legal and business owner to resolve issues.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of documentation for consent from the Federal Government (as applicable).
- Ensures and adheres to corporate purchasing policy directives and Federal Government regulations.
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements for Federal Employee Program and other state and local contracts specifically related to MBE/WBE requirements and reporting.
• Ensures all documentation is complete and accessible in contracts repository.
• Ensures all steps in the procurement process are completed and documented.
• Analyzes supplier performance, compare service and/or product offerings and specifications, perform site visits as required and resolve contract and invoice differences.
• Manages existing contracts to anticipate and prepare for ongoing renewals.
• Provides other services related to the sourcing, contracting, and supplier management function as required.
Required: This position requires a four-year degree and 5-7 years’ experience in a professional services procurement or related procurement focus area contracting role. Able to manage the end to end sourcing process from requirements gathering through RFx and complex software licensing.
- Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, workplan development and management.
- Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
- Able to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft and IBM products or equivalent companies in other industries.
- Experienced in supplier relationship management and stakeholder governance.
- Experienced in analyzing pricing and determining price reasonableness.
- Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Value of deals: up to $500,000
- Contract complexity: Moderate
- Risk to the company: Moderate
- Coaching junior associates: Moderate
- Volatility of vendor market: Moderate
- Track technology trends.
- Knowledge of the FAR.
- Knowledge of Ariba or similar procurement automation tools.
- Ability to handle multiple procurements at once as part of overall procurement ‘backlog” for Infrastructure, Operations and Information Security (IO&S) procurements that may include HW/SW and professional services.
- Ability to be pro-active in managing procurement backlog for IO&S and working with different stakeholders (engineers, directors, project managers, finance, vendors, etc.) in order to ensure procurements are identified, prioritized and are executed in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to provide guidance to IO&S procurement stakeholders on procurement artifacts, processes, and requirements that are appropriate for each infrastructure procurement given their unique requirements.
- Must be able to be able to proactively identify and remove barriers to help ensure the successful completion of sourcing initiatives on time per project schedules and executive management delivery expectations.
- Experience and proven ability to pro-actively understand the funding sources for the procurements
- Ability to initiate and manage procurements in the (Ariba) system while engaging relevant stakeholders as they are needed for information, documentation and approvals throughout the procurement process
- Ability to be perform budgeting what-if scenarios in order to preempt the possibilities of budget issues downstream
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 08/17/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship