Resp & Qualifications
Enterprise Advisory Services Overview:
Enterprise Advisory Services is providing proactive business process redesign and controls effectiveness consulting for enterprise projects and corporate initiatives with a focus on strategic transformation. We leverage internal and external subject matter expertise specializing in the independent assessment of:
• Workflow design and analysis
• Business process re-engineering
• Control design assessment and optimization
• Risk mitigation ownership and accountability
• Transformation and Strategy Workgroup
• Integrated Risk Management
• Embedded Compliance
• Operational and Functional Process Owners
• Business Information Officers
• Shift from just value protection to value creation
• Earlier collaboration and contribution to clients than traditional audit process
• Additional savings through reduction, elimination of rework, process inefficiencies penalties and interest
• Independent in-house consulting talent with access to subject matter expertise for projects/process assessment
• Post-implementation audit to assess effectiveness of process
This position will direct the Enterprise Advisory services in the planning, conducting, and reporting of audits and assessment of operations, corporate services of all CareFirst entities, as well as projects as requested by the General Auditor, executive management, or the Audit Committee.
In particular, this job will focus on the following areas:
1) Directing a team of operationally focused process leaders in a matrixed environment.
2) Maintaining the skill capability to support the multiple functions/departments across CareFirst’s field operations.
3) Effectively interfacing with strategic players across CareFirst to identify, position, create buy-in and resources support to fill project pipeline (includes Transformation and Strategy Workgroup, IT, Operations, Procurement, & Compliance).
Report significant matters to management, the General Auditor, and the Audit Committee. Monitor, assess, and report to management, the General Auditor, and the Audit Committee recommendations made, and corrective actions taken. Assists in the development of the annual audit plan, conducts risk assessment and project planning and execution in the business and information technology environment. Through delivery of consulting reports and other educational/training methods, assist management in discharging their responsibilities to mitigate risks, safeguard assets, comply with laws and regulations, and operate efficiently.
The position will identify and develop business strategies to mitigate complex business and information technology risks and improve operational effectiveness and efficiency in a highly complex environment. As the Director, EAS, the incumbent represents Corporate Audit & Advisory Services on corporate committees, has direct interaction with relevant senior management and staff, and proactively assists management in managing risk by employing audit and advisory tools and six sigma techniques to maximize audit coverage or assessment effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Vice President & General Auditor, the Director of Enterprise, Audit and Advisory Services principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
This position will directly manage 4-6 exempt staff and oversee matrix management of (a/multiple) co-source relationships.
Required: This position requires a BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or Business Process Design degree, and at least ten years progressive internal audit or public accounting experience, with at least five years of progressive leadership/management responsibility.
Skills/Abilities: Fully understand current workflow and business process assessment tools trends, techniques, concepts and principles, and how they are applied to individual projects. Have a strong understanding of business processes and related risk.
Have knowledge of:
• The framework for internal controls (COSO) and a keen sense of operational and business risk and mitigation principles. Must have knowledge of Six Sigma principles.
• Auditing and financial accounting and reporting methodologies
• Business risk and controls over financial reporting, knowledge of NAIC Model Audit Rule, Disclosure Controls, and Section 404
• Internal controls, including the documentation, evaluation of controls, remediation of weaknesses, and reporting relative to complex business processes, knowledge of health care/insurance risks and controls preferred.
• Computer assisted audit tools (ACL) and personal computer software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Must be highly motivated, organized, extremely committed to professional development, with demonstrated progression and achievement, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision in a team-oriented atmosphere. Incumbent must have highly developed oral and written communication skills (including strong negotiation and facilitation skills) to the point where complex assessment issues and business risks can be effectively communicated to a non-technical audience. Must have effective public speaking skills and be able to prepare and deliver presentations. Also, must have a collaborative approach to risk assessment and conducting audits, such that positive working relationships are established and maintained, and internal audit is viewed as a resource to management.
Additional qualities are good analytical skills and judgment, strong decision-making, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks utilizing limited resources. Must have a demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines and achieving goals and objectives.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- A CPA or CIA and healthcare/insurance experience highly preferred.
- MBA Degree
Must have the ability to supervise and manage an effective team:
• Supervise staff with diverse experience and effectively motivate staff to ensure assignments are completed within prescribed time frames.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide formal instruction and on-the-job training.
• Mentor and develop high performing staff to contribute to their future success.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Enterprise Advisory Services
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 08/30/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must talk, see, listen, and hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those needed by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship