Resp & Qualifications
CareFirst is a leader in the healthcare industry serving over 3 million Members. It’s Healthworx organization applies an analytic approach to identify new opportunities in medicine and technology to make our Members’ health care experience more convenient and their care less expensive and more effective. Healthworx has three main areas of activity:
1. Corporate Venture – investing in, piloting, and mentoring businesses with promising products and services in health care
2. Corporate Development – acquiring innovative companies and technologies and forming impactful partnerships and collaborations
3. Commercialization and Diversification – productizing CareFirst solutions and diversifying through new businesses
Under the direction of the Corporate Development Program Director, the incumbent is responsible for, but is not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Finance, Economics, Business, or Accounting)
• 3+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, management consulting, or corporate finance environment, with exposure to the healthcare industry
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications
• Strong Excel skills with the ability to build financial models, not just populate templates
• Strong accounting skills, comfortable with the interaction of the IS, BS and CF statements
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to positively interface with and establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and external clients
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/15/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship