Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Leads a team of software engineers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts, guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values with the goal of getting the most out of self-organization.
Under the general direction of the FEP Program Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads a team of software engineers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts, guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values with the goal of getting the most out of self-organization. Supports and guides the team to remove impediments by engaging the right stakeholders within the organization or partner organizations. Facilitates getting the work done by the scrum team, without assigning, or dictating the work. Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Assists with internal and external communication and improves transparency. Provides all support to the scrum team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leads by example. Follows the Agile playbook and process at the FEPOC to support agile delivery. Facilitate release planning, sprint planning, daily stand ups, grooming, retrospectives, product demonstrations and other scrum ceremonies.
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog. Work with Product owner and other supporting teams to enable seamless delivery. Provide input and champion Agile process improvement initiatives based on team/external feedback.
- Support culture change to improve delivery agility. Provide coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices. Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
- Work on any related Project Management deliverables as assigned or needed to support project delivery. Work cooperatively with integrated team of FEPOC/ FEPDO/BCBSA Plan staff to successfully address any associated risks and issues.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required. This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
This position provides guidance and leadership to scrum team(s). Duties include acting as a coach and mentor for the members of the scrum team.
Required: This position requires a bachelor degree or equivalent, and a minimum 5 years of industry experience in IT; a minimum 2 years in project management and/or Scrum Master. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
• Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Second level Scrum Master Certification (PSM II, CSP)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Department: Product Delivery
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
The hire range posted is an annual rate. All part-time positions will be paid hourly.
Where To Apply
Please apply before: 09/01/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship