Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Business Line Communications Director, this associate will lead the development of communication strategies that produce effective and precisely crafted messages, using a variety of communication channels, to reach and influence CareFirst’s prospects, members, employer groups, brokers and sales associates. The associate is the primary lead for strategic development, in addition to special projects and corporate initiatives.
As the Senior Communications Consultant, the associate will take a leadership role within the Marketing staff to develop strategy for communication efforts and write product and segment communication plans. This associate will work independently to manage the creative development of all related collateral. Associate will also have decision-making responsibility on initiatives relating to the development of all material for their product/segment.
The associate will manage Marketing Communication efforts directed to prospects, members, employer groups and brokers. Associate is also responsible for representing the department with CareFirst management and developing all necessary communications within their product/segment.
Associate must work independently and be able to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines, in order to impact sales which directly affect the success of CareFirst.
Associate manages intern(s) and mentors peers in marketing communications.
- Lead, create and execute integrated, strategic, creative communication plans for product and segment initiatives with little oversight. Influences overall direction of communication strategies and channels throughout the marketing organization.
- Direct all support resources when needed, including Marketing Communications, Strategic Research, Legal and Compliance, to ensure successful implementation of strategies developed.
- Attend project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met according to timelines and budgets.
- Gather relevant market research and competitive intelligence data to support strategies developed.
- Is a subject matter expert in the area they support and provides proactive communications insight to product/segment managers in the development of products or other marketing projects.
- Provide high level strategic thinking to advance the effectiveness of various communication vehicles in delivering and reinforcing company messages.
- Coordinate product launches, exhibits and meetings to ensure optimum benefit from communication and promotion initiatives through prudent use of CareFirst resources.
- Participate in the creative process for a variety of CareFirst’s marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Be a thought leader on effective communications using the most up to date communication channels and methods. This would include digital, social, print, and other emerging communication trends.
- Effectively write and edit clear, concise copy and executive communications, including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations and speeches.
- Lead the strategic planning and development of all marketing materials and necessary follow-up communications for the product/segment. Candidate must have the ability to bring a sales perspective to strategies and materials.
- Manage creative development of sales materials, group and member communications and online information. Work with internal associates and/or external clients to develop marketing materials to support and adhere to sales and marketing and CareFirst’s corporate goals, strategy and brand image.
- Assist Marketing Communications’ in developing letters, newsletters, promotional material and sales and marketing materials when needed.
- Coordinate research and evaluation to assess effectiveness of promotional campaigns and to identify innovative solutions and corrective measures.
- Develop and implement methods to track effectiveness of all communication.
- Refine strategies and tactics based on tracking results.
- Report tracking results to senior management and peers to educate and persuade.
- Represents the department in executive meetings to present communications strategies.
- Provides leadership to team of communications strategists.
- Mentors communications professionals.
- Assists in hiring, managing and leading intern(s).
- A college degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field and a minimum of 5-7 years of professional, strategic communications experience.
- Experience working in a matrix organization with proven capabilities to align corporate initiatives with marketing communication strategies.
- A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
- A proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader.
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often tight deadlines
- Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities
- An understanding of advertising design, print production and electronic communications.
- Exceptional oral and presentation skills
- Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
- A creative thinker who embraces and drives change.
- A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable working with leaders at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of individual marketing and sales strategies; strong understanding of electronic communications, promotions; ability to write for marketing communications, oral and presentation skills; ability to lead a team and work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
Strong preference for Medicare Advantage Experience
- In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3 years of sales and/or health insurance experience, a good understanding of health care trends and experience working with sales are preferred. An understanding of government regulations and experience dealing with government regulations is also preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/06/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Travel between the Owings Mills, Canton and Washington, D.C. based offices will be required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship