Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Provide the direction, guidance & leadership to the team of Product Owners who are leading the efforts to define Product Backlogs for one or more related products in a program portfolio.. This position is accountable for the success of the product(s) under their purview. Lead Product Owner works directly with the Product Manager to understand and execute on a program vision and strategic roadmap, and with stakeholders, business owners, and sponsors to define high level business requirements that will help the team achieve that vision.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required. Overall 10+ years of IT and business experience in planning, Business Analysis, System Analysis, Technical design/development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Six years of previous Product Owner experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is required.
• Demonstrated experience as a Scrum Product owner.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal & leadership skills.
• Hands on experience with Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc.
• Sufficient business and industry knowledge to understand the product needs of the future and influence all stakeholders to prioritize them.
• Understanding of Web & Mobile technologies, user experience modelling/evolution etc.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
• The ability to discover the potential business and product opportunities
• Experience with product roadmaps development, and influencing key stake holders on business priorities
• Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
• Support product evolution by engaging all stakeholders and sponsors, documentation of future state requirements, development of a Product vision/roadmap for the future and aligning stakeholders on the path ahead.
• Candidates should have proven product leadership experience with multiple medium to large projects. Experience working directly with clients and scrum teams in implementing the production backlog. Ability to take and defend decisions, and provide guidance to the scrum teams. Ability to articulate the business vision and requirements to the technical teams to come up with high level solutions. Experience with contributing new product ideas to the business stakeholders at various forums using the tools like presentations, product demonstration etc. Technical and Domain knowledge of claims, enrollment & health insurance industry preferred. Understanding contemporary technologies and how technologies can be leveraged to solve business problems. Flexibility is essential to this position. Excellent communication, written as well as verbal, documentation and interpersonal skills.
• Prior experience as Technical Lead, System Analyst, and Business Analyst with technical background is a big plus.
• Technical and Domain knowledge of claims, enrollment & health insurance industry preferred; experience in Health insurance domain a plus.
• Experience in and knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies.
A Product Owner is seen as a leadership role, and candidate needs the confidence, talent and sufficient IT experience to demonstrate and inspire their team.
NextGen Claims Product Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/06/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship