Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The associate ensures the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient, automated test plans, cases and scripts.
The Sr. TAS/E will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, and managing automated testing scripts; administering and managing the automated testing tools; and working with manual testing staff to extend and validate test plans, test cases, test scenarios and automated test scripts. In addition, the Sr. TAS/E must be able to communicate affectively in collaboration and providing training to manual testing and business staff.
Develop skills to review, analyze and validate manual test cases and the associated requirements that impact the business production systems. Work is reviewed for accuracy and quality performance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Position has no direct reports or supervisory responsibilities for contractors, but mentoring junior staff is expected
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.), or equivalent industry experience.
• 5-10 years of experience in a technical discipline, 5 of which must be in automated software testing
• Experience with test automation architectural design
• Experience creating, modifying and maintaining test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and automated test scripts
• Experience with at least 2 relational database management systems (e.g. MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle,)
• Proven experience to create, maintain and run complex database queries and store procedures
• Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall software development life cycle (SDLC) models
• Proven experience with Defect Tracking and management tools(e.g. ALM, AGM, JIRA or others)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Services SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
• Strong background in using and managing both front-end and back-end automated testing tools (e.g., UFT, Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
• Experience in multiple environments and/or on multiple operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mainframe) and technologies (.Net, Web technologies, etc.)
• Understanding of and direct participation in the requirements management (REQM) and configuration management (CM) processes
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Should have analytical and architectural mind set for effective framework design
• Associate must be a team player, use professional judgment, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
• Individual must demonstrate initiative, work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
• Should be well organized and detail oriented as well as possessing good written and oral communication skill
• Experience working in the healthcare industry and familiar with EDI transactions
• Experience with HP family of products for automation, testing and defect tracking
• Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, and Business Driven Development (BDD)
Test Strategy, Architecture
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/07/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship