Resp & Qualifications
The core responsibilities of the position includes but not limited to assess opportunities to build digital products to meet the current and future business needs, define the product to be built, and support marketing efforts that lead to product implementation & adoption. The position will provide the direction, guidance & leadership the product teams consisting of Product Owners, Business Analysts, and UX, Business and Technical Architects responsible for defining and articulating the digital products to be build. . This position is accountable for the success of the product(s). The Product Manager works directly with business owners/sponsors to define high level business requirements, and to ensure that the products support the organizations strategic roadmap. A successful Product Manager will also be aware and sensitive to market, industry, and other changes that drive successful digital product development.
Under the general direction of the FEP Director of Product Management the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The ideal candidate will have technology product management experience in the healthcare industry. This position will provide the direction, guidance & leadership to define new Product requirements or enhancements to existing product(s), and is accountable for the success of the product. The Product Manager works directly with the internal and/or external business Manager/sponsor in defining the high level business requirements as per the established strategic roadmap. This position will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that solutions are sound, lasting, achieve stated business goals/objectives and reflect industry best practices. Candidate will have deep experience managing, designing and building technology based products/systems preferably using agile methodologies, like scrum and Kanban.
- This role will be responsible for working directly with Product Owners, Project Managers, Architects and technical SMEs and other team members to discuss the technical feasibility of business requests, and to come up with the workable solution. S/he will work with the respective business stake holders to define the Epics and features for the product, and determine the priority. The successful candidate will provide direction and support in defining the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for the Epic and/or features.
- The Product Manager will develop & maintain an integrated roadmap for the products under their purview, will work cross-functionally with other Product Managers and team to ensure that roadmap and strategy aligns with that of the organization overarching product direction and strategy.
- Guides & coaches Product Owners and Business Analysts on how to determine the MVP of a product or feature. Mentors the team on how to break down the MVP into the User Stories and team for writing effective User Stories. Reviews the User Stories and provides constructive feedback to the Product Owners and/or business analysts. Provides inputs to the Scrum Masters on improvement opportunities for planning and grooming sessions. Engages with business stakeholders as-needed to educate and impart information regarding agile delivery methodologies. Provides input and champions agile process improvement initiatives based on team/external feedback.
- Advocates and supports culture changes to improve digital product delivery agility. Supports on boarding of new Product Owners and Business Analysts. Provides coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices. Supports Team building and Team development by recognizing and utilizing the strengths, abilities and skills of individuals. Fosters an egalitarian environment that breeds mutual respect, recognizes individual contributions, and encourages participation in the agile processes. Supports and welcomes team, business and stake holder feedback.
This position requires minimal “on call” for emergency situations that may require immediate resolution. Local and some long distance domestic travel s may be required. This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: The position has direct reports and requires leadership, people management and soft skills like communication, inter-personal etc. It requires close co-ordination and collaboration with external and internal stake holders like Client Business Manager, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects & technical SMEs etc.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Marketing, Business, or engineering or equivalent work experience required. Overall a minimum 10 + years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, business analysis, system analysis, technical design/development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Minimum 6 years Previous Product Management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
As a leader integral member of the team, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing Product roadmaps & backlogs for multiple products and Scrum teams each having 7-12 cross-functional team members (development, Test Engineers and Business Analysts) that have a direct legal and/or financial impact to the Operations Center.
- Coordinating with internal FEPOC teams and external FEPDO/Plans. This includes product increment planning, sprint planning, product demos, focus sessions, story grooming, sprint retrospectives and mentor Product Owners. May be a part of a larger Program or a single initiative.
- Ensuring that business architectures, designs and processes are sound and reflect industry best practices with an eye toward the future.
- Providing strategic, tactical and day to day guidance to ensure solid business solutions, architectures and designs.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
- Exhibiting business savviness and ability to discover the potential business and product opportunities.
- Developing product roadmaps, establishing priorities, and influencing key stake holders.
- Managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
- Supporting product evolution by engaging all stakeholders and sponsors, documenting future state requirements, developing of a Product vision/roadmap for the future, and aligning stakeholders on the path ahead.
- Working closely with strategists, architects and scrum teams to achieve lasting designs that will stand the test of time.
- Providing subject matter expertise and knowledge transfer to the organization,
- Coaching and providing guidance throughout the project life cycle
- Ensuring the short and long term business needs are being addressed
- Identifying and mitigating potential risks, and avoiding potential issues.
- Staying current on recent market and industry developments, including the latest vendor products, tools, techniques.
- leading or participating in developing new business processes
- Managing the product lifecycle through product implementation, including the creation of conversion/migration plans when needed
- Possessing mandatory Health insurance domain experience, including experience in the business and technical designs of health plan administration and adjudication.
Candidates should have proven experience leading multiple medium to large projects. Experience working with internal and external business and technical stakeholders and scrum teams. Ability to make decisions and provide direction and guidance to the product and technical teams. Should be comfortable developing digital products across a broad range of platforms, from mobile to desktop, and for commercial and consumer marketplaces. Ability to articulate the business vision & requirements to the technical teams, and come up with high level solutions. Experience with pitching new product ideas to business stakeholders at various forums using tools like presentations, product demonstration etc. Technical and Domain knowledge of claims and benefits, enrollment & health insurance industry preferred. Understanding of the contemporary technologies and how technologies can be leveraged to solve business problems. Flexibility is essential to this position. Excellent communication, written as well as verbal, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience as Technical Lead, System Analyst, and Business Analyst with technical background is a big plus.
- Advanced degree
- Prior management or demonstrated leadership experience
Customer Services Project Team
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/13/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship