Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Senior Director of Finance & Contracts this position provides leadership and tactical direction for the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of the strategic processes, operation and planning functions to facilitate improved cycle time for the procurements necessary to allow the FEPOC to deliver the contractual obligations in compliance with the terms of the contract with the BCBSA. The incumbent plans and manages all facets of the purchasing and procurement infrastructure at the FEPOC which includes process and improvement opportunities, appropriate templates, reporting and training. This position oversees the management of all SBP completed procurement contracts including vendor performance against those contracts and ensuring contract renewals are accurate and timely. The position also establishes and manages the departmental budget and resource scheduling.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Senior Director of Finance & Contracts, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Duties And Responsibilities:
Operate the infrastructure:
- Is the liaison between CareFirst procurement departments and the FEPOC, partnering with CareFirst to improve process and manage risks for timely procurement completion.
- Manages the structure of the procurement process from strategic planning of acquisitions, the gathering of requirements and the coordination of communication between the stakeholders at the FEPOC and the CareFirst procurement team.
- Ensures all templates used in the process are accessible and appropriate for the tasks at hand.
- Generates all department reporting, e.g., savings, process metrics and operational efficiencies.
- Set standards and thresholds for risk and escalations.
- Is the liaison and partner with FEPOC Finance to the CareFirst Accounts Payable, Procurement Operations and Finance departments for invoice processing against contracts and purchase orders.
- Schedules and facilitates status/update logistics meetings with business owners to keep them appraised of the status of open projects and as a forum for raising issues for resolution.
- Manages the prioritization of procurements and the assignment of status (green, yellow, red).
- Facilitates training for FEPOC associates.
Partner with Infrastructure &Operations contract management system at the FEPOC, currently HP-AM
- Manages the contract management system, both configuration and operations; ensures data for management and reporting is accurate and available.
- Maintains an up-to-date forecast for all large contract awards to ensure sufficient funds are available. As thresholds and expiration dates near, initiates appropriate actions to safeguard business continuity.
- Ensures that corporate policies for contracting and approval are preserved.
- Tracks and manages appropriate metrics of process performance that demonstrate that value is delivered.
- Manages the invoice payment component of the system to ensure that invoices are paid accurately and timely.
Process management and improvement including template maintenance:
- Provides a central repository for all templates and tools.
- Maintains the procurement process and identifies and implements process improvements for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working with business owners, establish evaluation criteria to determine vendor performance and the vendors continued role in the vendor stable.
Maintenance of the Master Schedule
- Builds the Master Schedule of potential procurement projects including corporate initiatives, major FEPOC budget projects, contract renewal projects and project initiatives generated from procurement analysis of business needs and structure.
- Maintains the Master Contract Schedule and updates the schedule with contract renewals well in advance of the expiration date.
- Track and manage spend against contract ceilings, forecast spend on large procurements, increasing ceilings when necessary.
- Manages the day-to-day of associates who support the operational and administrative functions of the FEPOC procurement process.
- Motivate, coach and develop associates for growth in skill development.
- Provide guidance on human resource policies and resolve human resource issues and concerns as they arise.
- Responsible for the facilitation of performance plans and reviews on an annual basis.
Required Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration (or equivalent), 7-10 years’ experience in a procurement operations position, and 5-7 years of progressive experience leading or managing people.
- Knowledge and expertise in defining, implementing, and operating business processes (enabled by technology).
- Experience in stakeholder governance.
- Experience in end-to-end Contract Management and Administration.
- Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem and process solutions.
- Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent project & time management skills including, but not limited to risk assessment, work plan development and management.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Knowledge of current and relevant industry trends, technology and best practices.
- Knowledge of Ariba or similar procurement automation tools.
- The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal Health Care programs.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Procurement & Asset Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/20/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship