Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: This position is a critical resource within the Account Management Team supporting the CFA Strategic Business Unit (SBU) clients. The role has five primary responsibilities:
- This position is the primary day-to-day contact for the CFA SBU accounts standard fully insured. This role interacts on a regular basis with group administrators, human resources staff and their respective health benefit brokers and/or consultants.
- Primary responsibilities include managing initiatives necessary to deliver exemplary account-level service, exceeding the overall client expectations. This includes running point to resolve key, highly visible member-level issues that are escalated up through the client’s HR benefits staff for resolution.
- Assists with the promotion of new and existing products or services through the development and delivery of tactical marketing and communication initiatives required to grow group enrollment.
- Manages the internal and external case installation activities necessary to renew existing Large Group clients. Responsible for the implementation of additional products, services, administrative capabilities and/or the integration of third-party vendor solutions required by the client.
- Account Manager I actively seeks and receives guidance from Account Manager III to acquire knowledge, skills, and experience in order learn full scope of position.
Account Management: Account Manager is the designated point of contact for Standard fully insured 200- 499 renewal business.
- Works directly with group administrators, brokers/consultants to ensure client needs are managed accurately and in a timely manner.
- In partnership with the respective Account Executive, develop and execute account renewal strategies consistent with customer expectations.
- Evaluates impact of customer requested exceptions and develops reasonable alternatives to satisfy client needs while minimizing impact on systems and operations.
- Conducts internal and external implementation meetings with the account; broker/consultant and appropriate external vendors.
- Develop presentations and marketing materials for open enrollment meetings. Organize and conduct employee open enrollment meetings. Coordinates resources both internal and external to support open enrollment meetings and health fairs.
- Accountable for accurate group-level setup and processing within the Account Implementation Automation (AIA) system.
- Accountable for maintaining current and accurate account data in SF.com in support of existing group case installations.
- Facilitates benefit audit upon renewal to ensure CareFirst is meeting customer’s expectations of their plans.
- Attend quarterly account meetings with the Account Executive and the broker/consultant.
- Ensure the client (group administrator; broker/consultant) is informed regarding any federal or state mandate changes as well as CareFirst policy updates.
- Accountable for completing all paperwork for account implementation on both the FACETS and NASCO systems
Ensures that each assigned account renews annually and on schedule. Manages the execution of new benefit designs and the plan’s financial strategies. Collaborates with internal partners to ensure the effective delivery of all operational aspects of the group.
Project Management: Provide Project Management oversight for Standard fully insured 200-499 account activity.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans for account service, renewal or installation related activities
- Plan, manage, track and bring to successful completion all service aspects during the account’s lifecycle
- Manage timelines for producing results according to predetermined schedule and manage resources accordingly
- Provide accountability and oversight for multiple tasks/projects simultaneously harnessing various company resources to accomplish multi-functional tasks
- Establishes and maintains relationships at multiple levels with clients, consultants, brokers and other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans through the use of consultative skills and analysis of account needs/service requirements; also manages, develops and cultivates relationships with constituents (producers, plan sponsors, brokers, consultants, and customers) as appropriate
Training/Development: Work to train and develop internally and externally.
- Always seeking knowledge
- Assists with training and development of internal and external clients and associates as well as consultants/brokers.
- Health Care Reform, new products, Legislative issues
- Maintain current Health & Life license for jurisdictions of MD, DC and VA.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in health insurance/managed care industries. The incumbent should have a thorough knowledge of large group products and an understanding of insurance industry enrollment, billing and claims administrative platforms. The incumbent must have knowledge of national account health delivery requirements. Must be able to handle large scale projects or be experienced with the skills required to handle Projects and Manage multiple tasks/priorities at the same time. Effective Relationship building skills/customer service skills required. Ability to handle/manage in a fast- paced changing environment required. A Minimum of 6 months -3 years Customer Service, Sales Support, and/or Account Management experience or equivalent is preferred.
- A current health and life license for the appropriate jurisdiction(s) is required or must obtain a license within 90 days of hire.
- The qualified applicant must possess proven and effective interpersonal/ relationship skills. The incumbent must have the proven ability to demonstrate good instincts and make solid business judgments. Additional requirements include negotiation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent group presentation skills and personal computer skills. The ability to collaborate with all areas of the company and set priorities and goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/19/2109
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
Must be able to travel both in state and out of state for account meetings.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Walking is frequently required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 40 pounds are lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship