Resp & Qualifications
CareFirst IT is working on the design and development of next-generation software, APIs and Advanced Analytics that would serve as building blocks to create new business capabilities and allow for quick and consistent application integration within and with external business partners. The Full Stack Developer-Associate will be a part of agile team, spend 100% of their time on design development, and support of the reusable software in a hybrid – on-premise/cloud environment using the CareFirst DevSecOps standards. Software development teams at CareFirst strives for continuous learning and improvement, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Under general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Software design, development, and support
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, and support of software for responsive websites, mobile apps and integration with partners using Java, Spring Boot, REST APIs, Angular.js, and microservices-oriented architecture.
- Responsible for coding and documenting quality code using best practices, such as unit test integration.
- Responsible for troubleshooting system issues related to software.
- Responsible for providing updates in daily Agile Scrums.
- Responsible for following DevSecOps methodology– you build it, you run it; you break it, you fix it.
- Actively participate in the code review process.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components.
- Troubleshoot production issues across services and multiple levels of the application stack.
- Respond to inquiries for critical problem resolution.
- Ensure design is scalable secure and reusable.
- Maintain consistency with established design patterns.
Technical analysis, collaboration, and communication
- Work directly with Full Stack Developer – Senior/Lead and business stakeholders to analyze and elaborate on requirements.
- Elevates significant issues to the attention of Full Stack Developers-Manager.
- Collaborate effectively with onsite/offshore teams.
Training, Research & Development
- Stay current on all programming-related technology trends and innovations.
- Develop healthcare domain expertise specifically in payer space.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent required from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Java development
- Knowledge of Spring framework
- Knowledge of source control
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of API development
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter that values continuous learning
- Passion for reusable, scalable, and secure software development
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skill
- Must demonstrate resilience and effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Knowledge in Healthcare domain
- Desire to work in a Global delivery environment
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management/Defect management tools like Rally, ALM, JIRA etc.
- Relevant certifications in Web development, Mobile development, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge with development and deployment of a cloud-native project (pet projects are welcome), preferably on AWS.
- Contributor to an open source project.
- Have published an App on Google Play and/or Apple App Store
Department: Data Hub & Integration- MD
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please apply before: 08/30/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship