Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Leads a team of software engineers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts, in multiple Scrum teams, guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values with the goal of getting the most out of self-organization
Under the general direction of the FEP Program Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Required: This position requires a bachelor degree or equivalent and a minimum 8 years of industry experience in IT; a minimum 4 years in project management and/or Scrum Master. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
• Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least four years on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.). Demonstrated experience applying Scrum or other Agile/lean principles, practices, and theory in all different contexts and environments to improve customer outcome.
• Advanced skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum". Demonstrated experience and proficiency in providing situational coaching to teams and influencing decision makers in the organization to adopt practices and processes that supports agility.
• Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
• Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. Ability to leverage them in daily execution on need basis.
• Knowledge and experience with widely successful agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Previous experience as a collaborative leader
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
• Second level Scrum Master Certification (PSM II, CSP)
• Experience transforming organizational culture to improve delivery agility.
• Effectively carried out the role of an Agile Coach in an organization transitioning to Agile delivery methodology
• Ability to provide agile training, in one or more methodology (Scrum, Kanban etc.) to teams transitioning to Agile.
• Ability to help teams apply Agile and Lean thinking to the specific project/environment and impediments they face, and help team adapt as well as challenge existing practices, in pursuit of continuous improvement.
• Ability to see organizational bottlenecks that are impediments to agility, and influence leadership in the organization to drive process changes that support Agile Delivery.
NG IT Systems
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/21/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship