Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The associate assists in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient test plans, test cases, automated testing scripts, and test scenarios.
The STA will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, managing and executing testing plans, test cases, low-level automated test scripts, and test scenarios. The STA will work with testing tools, report on testing metrics, and help to extend the use of technology in testing. In addition, the STA must be able to communicate affectively and collaborate with other teams as necessary.
Develop skills to review, analyze and validate manual and automated test cases and the associated requirements that impact the business production systems. Work is reviewed for accuracy and quality performance.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in functional analysis, testing, verification and validation
• Experience creating test plans, test cases and test scenarios from scratch
• Experience mapping requirements to test requirements, test plans and test cases
• Experience with at least 2 relational database management system (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
• Knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology and tools
• Experience with at least 2 defect tracking tools (e.g., HP ALM, Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, Team Track) and 1 test management tool (e.g., HP ALM)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Automation scripting and some level of programming experience
• Experience in multiple environments and/or on multiple operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, UNIX) and technologies (.Net, Web technologies, etc.)
• Understanding of the configuration management (CM) processes
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Experience with managing workload and task assignment for contractor resources
• Desire to learn and grow
• Ability to create, maintain and run database queries
• Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary as, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Associate must be a team player, use professional judgment, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
• Individual must demonstrate initiative, work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
• Must possess leadership skills to mentor associates and develop talent
• Should be well organized and detail oriented as well
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working in the healthcare industry
Special Projects Quality Assurance
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/25/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship