Resp & Qualifications
The incumbent is responsible for providing project management support for marketing activities including; coordinating with internal and external vendors to guide creative design and content, creating detailed work plans and timelines to monitor projects; ensuring all marketing materials are compliant with brand standards and state/federal regulations; routing for approval to all functional areas; monitoring project launches; and post implementation follow-up including ongoing reporting of results. Projects include: integrated marketing campaigns inclusive of direct mail, e-mail, landing pages, text messages, social media and other forms of advertising; sales materials; sales events and company-sponsored seminars; application portal content and branding and other marketing activities necessary to meet sales goals. Incumbent is responsible for supporting the implementation of marketing activities and analyzing and reporting results.
Under the general supervision of a Supervisor or above the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Project Management for Marketing Campaigns
- Manages integrated direct response sales and retention campaigns across traditional, online and electronic channels including the development, production implementation, compliance and auditing of marketing materials.
- Creates detailed work plans and timelines and ensures that consumer marketing campaigns and sales processes are completed in the agreed upon timeline.
- Manages the activities of various internal and external vendors including direct marketing agencies, printers, fulfillment shops, data providers, and others in the implementation of effective consumer marketing campaigns.
- Works with internal associates and/or external clients to develop marketing materials to support and adhere to CareFirst’s brand image.
- Reviews campaigns and communications for regulatory compliance and files with insurance administrations as required.
- Completes all aspects of data processing including list selection, identifying data parameters to pull from the CRM system, setting up suppression criteria, splitting lists appropriately to ensure reporting needs are met and extracting data in a format conducive to mailing.
- Administers all logistics and support for conducting educational, sales and retention seminars for associates, prospective members and current members as well as participation in community events.
- Project management responsibilities for events include being a liaison with vendors, facilitating site visits, recommending locations, assisting with negotiations for space contracts and booking event space, coordinating all food, beverage, supply and audio visual orders and setup.
- Employs copywriting, proofreading, list research, data processing and strategic thinking skills to develop and implement communications that market seminars and target individuals to achieve attendance goals.
Project Management for Online Application Portals/Sales Materials
- Provides ongoing internal and external business support for CareFirst’s online shopping portal, Web Broker Entities and eBrokers.
- Participates in cross functional teams including sales support, portal teams and Marketing to deliver fully integrated web-based strategies that promote CareFirst Consumer Direct and drive sales.
- Understands branding guidelines and ensures logos, legal taglines and company names are represented accurately and consistently on all marketing materials and application portals.
- Collaborates with Consumer Direct marketing collateral, broker sales, member services, enrollment, marketing and marketing communications areas to initiate, develop and deploy new direct marketing/sales efforts, implement regulatory changes and launch new products.
- Participates in user acceptance testing to ensure consumer-facing application portals display accurate messaging and function as intended.
Marketing and Event Strategy
- Actively participates in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, present research and recommend new marketing strategies.
- Continually assesses competitor marketing and sales tactics through research and other sources.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for a particular segment (e.g. Under 65, Over 65, Ancillary products) with in depth knowledge about its product offerings, enrollment trends, market opportunities and marketing best practices.
- Coordinates with internal clients including Marketing, Legal, Contracting and Compliance, Sales and Operations to develop strategies and formulate work and project plans to meet sales goals.
- Analyzes, selects and plans Consumer Direct sales seminars and community events.
- Develops creative brief for all consumer marketing projects, which includes content strategies that align with corporate goals and ensures company messages are delivered and reinforced on a consistent basis.
- Tracks, analyzes and summarizes campaign results, effectiveness and opportunities for improvement for all campaigns and sales tactics.
- Communicates with individuals in Consumer Direct Sales, outside telemarketing agency, as well as other departments to ensure successful back-end operations and tracking of all campaigns.
- Develops new campaigns and testing scenarios and ensures that they are set up in the CRM system such that results will be accurately tracked.
- Analyzes results to determine impactful direct marketing approaches and to define best practices for marketing campaign execution, management and optimization.
- Communicates results to Consumer Direct management, other departments and external partners as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or other related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Position requires a minimum of 1-3 years of professional strategic marketing or communications experience.
- Requires a minimum of 1+ years of related project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment.
- Must obtain/maintain a valid Life and Health insurance license in the appropriate jurisdictions within 6 months of being hired into this position.
- Familiarity with direct marketing campaigns, including database marketing, data processing and postal regulations.
- An understanding of direct to consumer marketing, including database marketing, data processing, advertising design, print production, electronic communications and fulfillment processes.
- Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and with leaders at all levels.
- A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
- Ability to use data, research and competitive analyses and translate learnings into marketing strategies that meet the goals of Consumer Direct Sales.
- Must have highly developed analytical skills and ability to effectively communicate complex marketing, business and system-related issues to a diverse audience (both written and orally).
- Must be able to build productive relationships through excellent interpersonal skills, lead problem-solving discussions, and work effectively in individual and group settings.
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exemplify excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
- A creative thinker who embraces and drives change.
- Must be aggressive in desire to produce innovative alternatives and be willing to defend suggestions in varied circumstances.
- Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF.
In addition to the required qualifications, sales and/or health insurance experience, a good understanding of health care trends, and a demonstrated systems experience with web-based applications/media and a CRM database is preferred. Knowledge of Consumer Direct insurance products, business workflow, administrative and internal procedures is preferred, including marketing strategies and MIA/VBOI/DISBR regulations and governance including marketing policies.
Department: Advertising, Brand & Marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/26/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
The physical demands described are representative of those needed by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship